Broken Links and Search Problems

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by TDRWholesale, Mar 2, 2015.

1. TDRWholesale
    TDRWholesale Member
    It looks like Shapeways for some reason changed the permilinks to some of my product listing. These items are all wholesale listings and are not shown to the public so the only way to access them is through a special spreadsheet I supply to our retailers. This is why the permilinks are critical. I sure wish you would not do things like this as it makes a lot of work for me.

Second, while searching my listings in order to locate the listings with the Shapeways altered permilinks, I have run into a problem with your search feature. I type in a key word for the search, your system performs the search and flashes the findings up on the screen for about 1 second, and then it go to another screen that says "Sorry, cannot find listings matching your criteria" (or something similar). I know it did find items because it flashed them up on the screen and I could see them but then they disappear and I am stuck.

Mind you, I was able to use your search engine to repair about a dozen listings and then it started acting up.....

So, now I cannot repair the rest of the damage you have done until you fix your search engine.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    There is a known problem with the inventory search function where it will start returning hits as you type, but fail to find any matches once you have completed a word, added a punctuation character that is actually part of the model name, or started mixing numbers and letters in your search term.

3. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member