Shapeways customer service department closed on 13 May 2010.

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 34534_deleted, May 12, 2010.

1. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    The Shapeways Customer Service department is closed on 13 May 2010 due to the Ascension Day bank holiday.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I really think it would be beneficial to have a calendar set up, so we know when to expect delays in advanced. Also when orders are being made a Date to Expect Delivery auto calculated field would be nice. Have it automatically add the estimated time to the date, and include holidays and weekends that may/may not interfere.

3. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Good idea,

I think all of the holidays in the Netherlands are in May, so it should be clear sailing from here on in....

4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    virtox,, what about him:

[​IMG]

6. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Haha. well who needs Sinterklaas, when you got Shapeways :p

Anyhow, don't think Sinterklaas is bankholiday though ?
    Can't remember getting the day of at least :p
    Pretty weird though, we got two : sinterklaas and now the santaclaus/kerstman, based on the same saint from old....
    Oh well, commercial sillyness I guess and it wasn't even cola who did...

7. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    No Sint Niklaas is not an official Bank Holiday.
    And we are working on a calendar, so I will make sure bankholidays are added so you have that info in advance.

8. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    Whether or not he's linked to an official bank holiday, I'm certain that SelectiveLaserSinterklaas's arrival should trigger a Shapeways holiday.

9. 67587_deleted
    67587_deleted Member
    I simply love May 13th - I spend this day in Amsterdam every single year since I am about 16 years old and I still love it because it grew to be some kind of tradition for me and my best friend. It is the time of the year we have only each other far away from our partners or families or home countries or jobs - it is the time of the year where there is just us and we can talk about everything and go out and enjoy the beautiful apartment we have rented ever since (it is always exactly the same - every single year) and so I grew up with this tradition and hope that we can live on with it for like...forever and ever :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    Lol. I saw that great opportunity for a pun there and dadrummond came though on it. :)