Faceball

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by BeepBeep3D, Apr 27, 2010.

1. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    My Faceball model arrived a few days ago.
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/112903/faceball.html
    I love it. :eek:

It's printed in "White Detail".
    This wasn't designed for Shapeways, it's an older model I cleaned up to test and it turned out great. Even his little veins and pustules on his back turned out nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. 4m3D
    4m3D Member
  3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I believe the movie was Major League that had the smiling ball on the cover? The movie with Wild Thing. Anyways, the same day I was thinking of something like this, I see it on the front page. Beat to the punch again :p.

4. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    @4m3D
    It was originally a Mudbox test. but I had to delete and redo the interior to save costs. I also reduce the poly count to get it under the 500K limit.

@Youknowwho4eva
    Haven't seen that film (Googles it) Uh no that's kinda different. This is probably most similar to a MadBall if you remember them.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Where those the ones with like a million to collect, and the were rubber, or the ones that you smacked and they said stuff?

6. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    @youknowwho4eva
    They were just rubber with ugly faces on them :)

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Ah the good ole days. I think it's a shame this is at 3 stars. The weird thing, it had 3 votes and was at 3 stars. I gave it 5 and it stayed at 3 stars.

8. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    Thanks man :D
    It had 3 votes and was at 5 starts then the forth guy must have voted one star because it dropped to 3 stars :(

We need to organise a drive to get people voting on models to get things fair ratings. Most models have so few votes one or two one star votes can trash your review.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    That and it's nearly impossible to get back up to a 5 star ever.