Multiple Separate Objects?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 4731_deleted, Aug 5, 2008.

1. 4731_deleted
    4731_deleted Member
    Can you have multiple separate objects in the scene? I'm assuming that is fine as long as you keep within the accepted build volume?

Are there any guidelines to follow? Should I make all the objects sit on the same ground plane, or does it not matter where in the space they are?

I apologize if these are covered elsewhere. Thanks for your time!

2. robert
    robert Member
    Yes, we support multiple objects in a scene.

During production the objects are printed as appropriate for the model. Don't worry about the positioning.

3. 51948_deleted
    51948_deleted Member
    Is it acceptable to bunch up, say, 50 copies of a small object into a single scene, to save 49x the start-up cost of WSF?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    As long as you can stay under the polygon limit.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  6. Roy_Stevens
    Roy_Stevens Member
    So what is the limit? I uploaded a file with 32 identical objects and it was accepted and printed. I then uploaded a derivation of that model that had an issue with one of the pattern components so it had 64 objects in it, and that was rejected. I fixed the issue so it again had 32 identical objects, and that was also rejected. What gives? We need design rules for this, not arbitrary hit-and-miss depending on what mood the operator is in.

7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Are they ALL connected with sprues, such that it's effectively one single object?

If the objects are small and loose, it's going to be extremely difficult to chase them all down during cleaning. Sometimes, the production team doesn't realize how much difficulty a model causes until they try to go clean it.