Gloud Gate File

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshuakirsch, Nov 24, 2014.

1. joshuakirsch
    joshuakirsch Member
    My favorite piece of art is Cloud Gate by Anish Kapoor in Millennium Park in Chicago. I want to print a miniature version to sit on my desk and was thinking there has to be a downloadable accurate 3d model of it somewhere given how popular and iconic of a sculpture it is. But I'm not having any luck... does anyone know where to find what I'm looking for?

Attached Files:

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    You could try asking him. His contact info is here. I'm certain he would have this model sitting on one of his hard drives. But he looks to be very popular so he's probably nonstop busy.

Were you wanting this in highly polished sterling silver? What size exactly were you thinking of?

3. joshuakirsch
    joshuakirsch Member
    Thanks U.B. good idea! Certainly worth a shot, I'll let you know if I hear back.

I was thinking about maxing out the bounding box size in sterling and hollowing it out with 1mm walls to keep the cm3's low. I would do it in a more affordable metal, but it looks like sterling is the only process that will give me that mirror polish silver finish that matches the sculpture.