Dwarf Ranger series of Multypart Miniatures 30mm

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Andrea_Tarabella, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Hello there :)
    I'm sculpting several dwarves as 30mm miniatures, to print in frosted ultra detail.
    I made some balljoints between the parts so it would be possible to swap parts between different dwarves.
    Should i make just one product including all the dwarves or one for everyone? Three miniatures should be enough for this serie or it should be more to let more customization? Do you think that would be better to set as default image a single "glued" dwarf or all the pieces on the ground?
    Thanks for the feedbacks!
    ...and sorry for my English,

Cheers,
    Andrea Tarabella

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2765420/dwarf-ranger-miniatu re-30mm-sc-1-5in-38mm-1.html?materialId=61
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. __DF__
    __DF__ Member
    Hi, Andrea.

First, I'd like to say that I like your dwarves :)

If I was you, I would upload both options. With the new Shapeways pricing system, single files that are consisted of many parts may become more expensive than single files that are consisted of fewer parts. That's because further man labor is required, once the 3D printing process is finished. So, why not upload both versions and see which option is cheaper.

I would like to see both images. The "glued" option is more common. For a reason, the pieces on the ground attracted my eyes more. But the final decision is yours.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  3. Many thanks for your quick response!
    Yes, me eyes are attracted more by the different pieces on the ground. For some reason (just in this model) something is not working in the image selector when you edit a model and i cannot switch to a shapeways render or another render :)
    I think i will end up doing an image that contains both options.

About the different prices for multiple parts, i will do experiments to see what's more cheap... And i will give both options so if you don't like one dwarf you can buy the other two separately.

Cheers!

Andrea Tarabella

4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Nice sculpt and illustration!

5. Thanks!
    I will post photos as soon as i receive it!

6. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Nice details on the little one!