Shop update - buy from own shop without markup

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by 11539_deleted, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 11539_deleted
    11539_deleted Member
    Hi All,

Today we did another update of the site, which releases much wanted features.

The most obvious is the new preview rendering that generates the thumbs for your uploaded models (as I posted in the official announcments forum), but we have more news!

I know it took longer we anticipated, and you hoped for, but as of today, you, shop owners, will be able to order your own models for the regular prices, without the markups.

This means no more 'hassle' with paying to much and getting back later via markup, or making the model private. You can now (finally) order directly.

Another feature we introduced is that you receive an email notifying you when a comment was left at a model. When you have a lot of models uploaded, checking to see if comments were given to them was a bit cumbersome.
    You can find the setting in your profile, in the 'email preferences' box in the right column of the profile page.

Kind regards, Arno

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Arno,

Many thanks for these things buddy, keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    Mike

3. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    Good stuff. Thanks, folks.

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Yes, I guess a lot of people were waiting for this feature!
    I am going to clean-up my list of private models by removing all the duplicate stuff!
    Thank you again!

5. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Hurraaa it*s done

6. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    LOL! Glad you like :)

7. kaints
    kaints Member
    Very good news!
    Thanks Folks!

8. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Arno,

Thank you for this update. This saves me a lot of work and confusion when ordering my own items.

Oskar

9. Salokannel
    Salokannel Member
    Thanks for the updates!
    ...it's really nice to see that many details
    are improving so fast and all the time.

-Salokannel