Hello from Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Klink, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Klink
    Klink Member
    My name is Jeff and I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am a member and site administrator of an online community of large 1/8 scale automotive model builders. I also offer our members aftermarket resin cast parts from RTV molds that I make here.

As a selection of aftermarket parts at the retail level is not offered we are left to make our own parts. Fortunately we have members that use solid works and are able to create 3D models of parts we are interested in so we can take advantage of the printing options available here at Shapeways.

We have searched high and low and have not found a better business model then here at Shapeways from the instant quotes to the friendly help we have received.

We started with a Donovan valve cover as a sample part and hope to move on to complete engines and other parts in the 1/8 scale.

I look forward to being involved with this group of very talented people with lots more projects to come.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I checked out the valve cover. Very nice. When will we see a working 1/8th scale engine? Welcome to the club.

3. Klink
    Klink Member
    We do have some members that could pull that off but these do not run ....Yet :rolleyes:

We did just finish a Ford SOHC canner valve cover that has been ordered and are working on drawings for the complete engine for printing .

Cheers