can i remove models from my design page?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by bitstoatoms, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hey there

I have a few failed attempts i would like to remove from 'my designs'?

it would be good to get rid of unwanted files to make ordering easier?

thanks

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi !

On each model page there is be a big button "delete" which will permanently remove the model.

Regards.

3. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    ouch

thanks

4. D_man
    D_man Member
    Hi

I can't find that button anymore on the new model page !!

I need to remove some models too !

5. hedcraft
    hedcraft Member
    Same here!

I'm so annoyed with shapeways right now. I'm trying to place an order, but I have to delete some old versions of parts first. I just wasted 15 minutes looking for the damn thing. I'm so sick of it I'm just going to go have Ponoko make it for.

And not to drill the point, but in addition to losing you a new customer, this new layout just doesn't look nearly as good as it did before.

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  7. hedcraft
    hedcraft Member
    i have to say, Shapeways customer support was very quick and friendly when I emailed them about deleting my designs.

That said, they promised that they would delete all my designs no later than the end of that day, and 2 days later, they still sit there completely unaffected.

It's a moot point now, since I can delete them myself, but, as someone who's sole income revolves around my copyrights, it's pretty unsettling.

8. duann
    duann Member
    Your models were not visible to others were they?

9. hedcraft
    hedcraft Member
    No, they were all private, so ultimately there was no actual risk.
    And honestly, I've had my copyrights stolen before, and it's usually not that hard to shut them down, so I'm not worried.

It's really a comfort thing. I felt uncomfortable as a customer knowing that I had no control over my designs. I know there's no danger, the whole experience just made me feel uneasy, and that makes it hard to do business.

And like most people who spend the majority of their business or personal lives online, my first reaction to discomfort was to find the nearest outlet of expression and throw a tantrum.

10. duann
    duann Member
    Ok, I understand.

We are on it.

11. D_man
    D_man Member
    Removing your models can be done from teh page that shows all your designs. (clicking on "My Design")
    You have a little dustbin under each design thumbnail.
    But it can only be done one by one, which can end up pretty long and boring !