dissapearing letters

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by edott70810, Aug 6, 2014.

1. edott70810
    edott70810 Member
    i have a coin i designed and in one of the words not all the ltters are showing up when i upload it to shapeways. any ideas?

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Letters too small, or not correctly "unioned" with the main geometry, overlapping or inverted faces ? Best get netfabb studio basic and check your file with it

3. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
  4. edott70810
    edott70810 Member
    I started it in photoshop and then over to tinkercad. i guess the thing i find most puzzleling is it is the word justice and it is the 'ust' that is missing.

5. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Could you post an image of the model, or better still if you sent me the file by PM or my email below, I will have a look for you.

6. edott70810
    edott70810 Member
  7. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Not sure how big the entire model is, but perhaps the "UST" are/were separated from the coin surface by a small gap, and shapeways' site software eliminated them as they were too small to be printed on their own ? If the model is stl, get netfabb studio basic (cross-platform freeware from netfabb.com) and see what it tells you about number of "shells" (separate parts) and overall model validity (warning triangle shown next to model ?)

8. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Tinkercad has a tendency to compress uploaded stl files. If it's disappearing at the Tinkercad step that's one possible reason, particularly if it's small text.

9. edott70810
    edott70810 Member