Help needed with a simple Model

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by xicemanx, Feb 13, 2010.

1. xicemanx
    xicemanx Member
    Hi there.
    I wanted to create a simple passepartouts-like inner bezel for a small picture frame, that holds my mobile phone. anyhow.... i already tried a lot of things and i cant rid of the non manifold errors after uploading it on shapeways. if i convert the google sketchup or dae file to another format like .stl I even get a new error every time i upload it.

maybe one of you can take a look at it and find the problem(s). i would really appreciate it.

here's the .dae file exported by google sketchup.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Anbar
    Anbar Member
    that file is a bit of a mess...

theres an object canted at 45 degrees across the back of the "holder" - no idea if thats intended or not - do you have an image of what it is supposed to look like?

3. xicemanx
    xicemanx Member
    thank you so much for taking a look at it anbar.

the object at the back of the holder was supposed to be a kind of pocket for a stand for the frame, but it's not necessary to be there.

as written before this thing is the inner plate of a picture frame bezel. i attached 3 images of what it's supposed to look like. i just added a bigger bezel in two of the images attached to make it clear what this should look like.

thank you again for helping me out with this.

Attached Files:

4. 26782_deleted
    26782_deleted Member
    try this

Attached Files:

5. xicemanx
    xicemanx Member
    thank you so much, it looks great and all manifold errors are gone. you used inches as metric system while editing it, right?
    what application did you use to fix the manifold stuff?

thanks again,
    iceman