So Shapeways Just Sent me Twelve eMails...

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by PeregrineStudios, Jul 29, 2014.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hey Shapeways,

I DO like that you're informing me when a model's material status has gone from 'First to Try' to successfully printed, but maybe you could only send those emails for models that are available for sale, or viewable by the public? A lot of my orders include custom orders for customers on this end, and I don't particularly need to be barraged with dozens of emails every time I place an order with these models (which will only be ordered the one time anyway).

Once again, I do like that we're being informed of this; I just think/hope there's a better way to inform us than this, which is going to be a real bother.

Attached Files:

2. gregd
    gregd Member
    Hey PeregrineStudios-

Thanks for pointing this out! When we launched First To Try we wanted to make sure every time one of your models went from First to Try to Product, we celebrated with you. You're right though, it's a bit spammy when you win the Product lotto all at once. We're working on consolidating these now so you'll get a rollup of all your affected models when an order ships.

Cheers!
    Greg

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Now you are making this sound as if you expected this to be a rare and noteworthy event. I can almost envisage PW handing out diplomas at a yearly model graduation ceremony... *snicker*

4. gregd
    gregd Member
    Diplomas ceremonies rollout next week! In all seriousness, we recognize it's not so rare (hence your 12 consecutive e-mails!) so combining them into a digest should be coming soon.

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Yes and no, it's not a rare event that you get this email.
    However receiving 12 of them at the same time is :)

6. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Better to have them all staked in one email like a list or something for multiple products.

7. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    I think that's what he said they would be trying, so hopefully all shall be well!