Problems with the widget

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by shangalaing, Jul 22, 2014.

1. shangalaing
    shangalaing Member
    Hey, I followed the instructions re making the code for the widget, however I can't get it to work. My shop name has spaces in it, I don't know if there should be a hyphen in their place, I dont know if it should be all Caps. I am very new to all of this and trying to set up a squarespace site.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Not sure where your code breaks down, but try inserting either a plus sign or %20 instead of the spaces in your shop name if it is in an url context.

3. shangalaing
    shangalaing Member
    Thanks, tried that now and it doesn't seem to be working.

This is the code, I don't know where I'm going wrong:

<iframe frameborder="0" style=" border:1px solid #c0c0c0; height:182px; width:628px;" src=" /widget/include.php?shop=DAISYGEEKDESIGNS&shopcat=ROLLER COASTERS&style=dark "></iframe>

4. mboylevt
    mboylevt Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hey shangalaing,

Looking at your shop, it appears to be named "Inclined2Loop", not "DAISYGEEKDESIGNS"

If you wanted to use the widget for that shop, you could go ahead and use the following HTML.

Code:
     <iframe frameborder="0" style=" border:1px solid #c0c0c0; height:182px; width:628px;" src="https://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=Inclined2Loop&style=dark&rows=1&cols=4"></iframe> 

If I'm mis-interpreting you, and there is a shop called "DAISYGEEKDESIGNS" that you're trying to do this for, please point me to the shop page so that I can help you out.

-matt

5. shangalaing
    shangalaing Member
    You amazing person! I could kiss you!

That got it working! Thankyou.

To answer the other question yes, in the interim time I renamed the shop to fit with the website.

Thanks again!

6. mboylevt
    mboylevt Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Glad it's sorted :)

cheers!