new photos of the birds

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by MichielCornelissen, Feb 4, 2010.

1. jeff
    jeff Member
    this is a nice project that looks to take advantage of 3d printings strengths - well done!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Wow, I love the site dude. Just wish you could imbed shapeways in there so you didn't have to go here to order each item.

3. Thanks! That's a nice thought, embedding shapeways. Hope somebody is listening?

I think the ordering process in general is still a bit cumbersome for the general public - what with the account creation and 25 dollar minimum etc. But then, that's what a beta is for, innit.

4. jeff
    jeff Member
    i was thinking about that- the 25 dollar limit- and made me think that i wish i could group items together (like my web clips https://www.shapeways.com/shops/jbaredesign ) to be sold only as a set- which would by above the 25 dollar limit. or you could sell your birds as a set of small and large to make a 25 dollar set...

think i'll look into the shop forum and see if this has been chatted about.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Yea, we've discussed grouping. Maybe some day. I've also asked for with the grouping, a discount (out of the shop owners pocket of course) Like buy 2 get one free. Just have your markup so buying all three is the same price as buying 2.

6. I'm considering putting several products in one file, like a small and big happy bird. Actually makes the products cheaper too, because you only have the starting cost once.

7. Although I just realized you will always get both products in the same colour :(

8. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback. We know that grouping / collections are high on your wishlist.
    We are working on it!

regards,
    Peter

PS: Are there any PHP developers listening? https://www.shapeways.com/jobs/webmaster