Shapeways Product Embed foobed

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Bathsheba, May 29, 2014.

1. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    This needs an update:
    https://www.shapeways.com/labs#shop-embed
    Its controls appear to still be working, but it's clipped weirdly and it's so tiny the text is illegible.
    If that's how it's meant to appear, by all means carry on, but I'm not finding it useful.

But I don't actually need all that functionality on my site. What I'd really like is a widget in which I specify not a shop section, but one or a short list of model ID's. I.e. I tell the widget "1454380" and it puts up a single-item widget for item https://www.shapeways.com/model/1454380/tetrabox.html.
    If this existed I'd put them on every page of bathsheba.com. But I can't do that the way things are, because I can't make a section for every item in my shop.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Narada_Dan_Vantari Well-Known Member
    I managed to size the product embed from labs so it looks pretty good on my site -
    but I dont understand what use it is
    because if they click through 'Add to Cart'
    they will get stuck at some point
    and they dont even know they are on Shapeways.

I adapted the code that the labs gives us.
    It was full of ridiculous numbers downt to 17 decimal points of a pixel rofl :D

What I would like is a way to sell my products from my site through the SW checkout.
    I think that is what Classic Shapeways Embed is supposed to facilitate
    but it looks like someone walked away in the middle of the job.

3. Thanks for raising the issues-- cleaning up the product embed is necessary, and making it based on a list of model IDs would be a great improvement. I'm hopeful that we can tackle these soon :)

Any other product embed features you would like to see?

4. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Ok first the shop widget was kinda ok.. but now I just can't get it to work anymore.
    If you look at the website you can see that the the ( rows=1&cols=4 ) don't add up :

https://www.fabmejewelry.com/shapeways-3dprint-shop.html

We just need a decent looking widget that works, doesn't have to be fancy but some more options would be nice !

5. My widget is not working anymore either. Things are clipped weirdly. I was thinking maybe it was a conflict with a plugin update or something on my end, but then I looked at the widget embed via a local installation that I hadn't updated in a while, and the problem is there, as well. It appears something's gone screwy with the layout, and the item that wraps below is cut off by the iframe border. No 'next page' link. I was just going to break up my widget into multiple categories, but it appears that it's currently useless.

I'm going to have to add products manually in short order, so the page will be changing, but see a screenshot below of the problematic results. I was supposed to make a product announcement tonight, but now I have to update my site first so it doesn't look unprofessional. Really bad timing as I was trying to make my announcement before my customer base starts traveling to IPMS nationals this week.

Widget_cutoff.jpg

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Thanks guys! We're investigating to see what we can do to remedy the issue.

7. Thanks for looking into it! :)

8. Hi... I haven't checked in on the forum for a while, but have there been any changes on the issue of widgets not working?

Thanks!

9. The bad news: the shop widget is still pretty messed up. Sorry :(

The good news: we'll be fixing it very, very soon, as well as adding new options for different types of widgets. I'll update this thread when we do!

10. Great!

11. modernminifan
    modernminifan Member
  12. dcyale
    dcyale Well-Known Member

Any update? The widget is weirder than ever- it appears someone added a "feature." See my thread in bug reporting.

Dave Yale