Thin walls fix problem and ordering

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Bobbiethejean, May 20, 2014.

1. Bobbiethejean
    Bobbiethejean Well-Known Member
    When the "fix thin walls" feature was added I went Oooh! and ran around my shop like a nut fixing all the thin walls. Now I've discovered that it has, on some of my models, added these ugly round blobs. Mainly, I'm concerned with this one: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1855920/dragon-skull.html?li =shop-results&materialId=6 The jaw is meant to be articulable. Some of the teeth have been blobinated and I have just had a couple of customers order some so I am afraid they are going to be very disappointed. I am working to fix this ASAP. Would it be possible to hold off on sending these to the printer until I upload the fixes? I am working quickly to do that right this very second.

2. Bobbiethejean
    So of course my internet would choose NOW to start going haywire. -___- Naturally. In any case, I'm uploading the fixed version now. Would it be possible to ensure that the fixed version gets sent off to the printers instead?

3. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    The norm is that once ordered, the data is frozen. Try contacting the customers? Try getting service to contact customers and ask them to cancel?

4. Bobbiethejean
    Dangit :\ Well this is obnoxious. Guess I'll have to start emailing people. -___-;

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. Bobbiethejean
    Sent an email. No reply. It's been more than 24 hours. I'm afraid it is going to be too late. :\

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey,

Did you send an email from our contact form or did you email directly to service@shapeways.com?
    I checked our inbox and haven't seen your email :(

7. Bobbiethejean
    Aye. I think I may have sent it to the wrong email. Thanks.

8. MitchellJetten
    cool, lemme know when you send an email so i can check our inbox

9. MitchellJetten
    Spotted ur email!

Right now there are 13 emails in front of you, so I'm sure you'll hear back from CS in around 30min

10. Bobbiethejean