Public price higher then what I see in material settings after my profit

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by aleksandar, May 6, 2014.

1. aleksandar
    aleksandar Well-Known Member
    Hi,

I wonder what is the way to control the final price of my product? I hope you guys can help on that.
    After set up my profit I see different price then what potential buyers see.

When I'm logged in on material settings I see shapeways asks for €3.11
    When I click on "View product" (logged in) price is €3.73. The final price than is completely different!!
    The public price is than completely different from what I set editing details of my pricing. Basically I edited my profit to reach out interesting price for the client.
    Obviously I have 0 control over the final price :( this is very annoying for me.

Bellow:

A+B=C - this is under Edit details
    D - when I click View product (logged in)
    E - what I see as price when logged off

(A is what shapeways asks, B is my profit, C is what I hope client will pay, D is what I see after click on "View Product", E is actually what client should pay). To me it makes sense to be:
    E=C
    D=A

Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    21% VAT :)

When adding markup (check above the markup editor) the price is shown without VAT or tax
    Cheers,
    Mitchell

3. aleksandar
    aleksandar Well-Known Member
    ouch :)

thank you

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    3.73/3.11=1.2 this is the 20% VAT.
    If like me you are mainly selling in the US and you are based in Europe I can describe my process for setting up my markup:
    - click on "design"
    - go to the model you want to set up the markup for
    - edit Details
    - look at the price in € for instance say it is 3.11€
    - estimate a markup in €, here let's choose 2.00€
    - convert the sum of both in $ (you have the change rate written on top of the markup window). Let's say it is $7.09.
    - choose a final price in $ that is more appelling, here I would choose $6.99
    - convert it back in €: 5.035€
    - put the final price in € truncated to 2 decimal: 5.03€
    - the markup is calculated automatically in € (hey! there is some automation!)
    - do that for all materials and for all the models
    - ask Shapeways for an easier process

:)

Last edited: May 6, 2014