Need D20 & D24 alphabet dice

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 499798_deleted, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Just need a D20 die with letters A through T on it. I have found other D20's with the alphabet on it but they leave out letters; I need letters A through T, leaving out U,V,W,X,Y and Z.

Second design is a D25 die with A through X on it, leaving off Y and Z.

Nothing fancy. Just need these to test a game I'm designing.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. mpaquin
    mpaquin Member
  3. wiebus
    wiebus Member
    I just made this regular icosahedron with letters A-T for you with my general purpose OpenSCAD regular polyhedron script which I created a while ago to design an invention game. I slightly blended the corners of the die to make it roll easily. If you like I can scale it to any size, make it more angled or more round, however at this size it already has some thin walls within the letters (at the sharp edges of the letter "M" for instance". But if I am able to print it on my Ultimaker 1 Shapeways should be able to print it on their high-end printers as well (hopefully :)

If you need I can create any regular polyhedron with almost arbitrary symbols on each side, angled, rounded, solid, or holo with this script. To create a 24-sided die would take a bit longer as I then had to first enhance the script in order to also calculate non-regular polyhedrons as well.

Have a nice day!

Sven

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. That D20 looks like exactly what I'm looking for. I've been playing around with an iPhone app to do my testing right now, and have ruled out using a D24. I think I'll order one or two of your D20's and see how they play with the testers.

I wouldn't know where to begin to get them mass produced if we decide to go with a D20 alphabet die.

Thanks,
    Aaron

5. wiebus
    wiebus Member