No Geometry Found issue (Blender)

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 387652_deleted, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hi, I'm using Blender to create a low-poly themed teacup. When I go to upload, the error I get is "no geometry found". Why is this? I checked and there are no non-manifold bits. I plan on printing in ceramic, but I don't know what is causing this issue. I've included the blender file. Rather new to modeling for printing, so any help would be nice.

UPDATE:
    STL appears to not be working. Collada works, but I get a GIANT scale.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Make sure that you have actually selected your model when you do the export. And get netfabb studio basic to check what the exported
    file contains - you can also use this to rescale your model if necessary.

3. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Very true.

I would also note that you have Blender set up for cm for this model and that the diameter of the cup is 19cm, which is quite big. If you export as .stl this will give the model a diameter of 0.19 (.stl files are dimensionless). You need to select units of metres to get this size into SW.

If you want the model to be another size you can use Netfabb as mkroeker suggests or just scale it in Blender (hotkey s or use the Transform menu).

As an aside, I note that you have some very odd geometry at the bottom of your cup, on one side only. It shouldn't affect the outcome of this model but it may affect any later mods you make.

4. Everything's fixed and it's ready to send off, hopefully. Thanks for the help and suggestions everybody