Option to receive markup in shapeways credit rather than payment to paypal

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Cobalt77, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Cobalt77
    Cobalt77 Member
    Hi,
    I hope this has not been discussed before.
    It would be nice to be able to receive payment of markup in the form of Shapeways credit. There are a number of people that basically use the money coming in from sales to fund the printing of items for them selves, and with this there is a loss of potentially increased revenues for Shapeways occurring.

Credit would increase impulse purchases, where the current system of having to wait up to a month before funds go from Shapeways to Paypal to come back again massively reduces the likelihood of it actually coming back.

With credit the moneys for mark-up paid by the purchaser received by Shapeways can be placed in a bank account and gain interest for the time any credit stands unused. Basically better that Shapeways gets the interest rather that Paypal.

The way I would like to see this operate is:
    That it is opt in rather than opt out.
    No minimum and credit is created on shipping rather than at a later date.
    No processing fee.
    The option to convert at any time some or all credit built up to a paypal payment which is processed in the next monthly paypal run, where at that point the payment processing fee is deducted.
    A credit unit expires 24 months after it is created, if Shapeways if feeing nice they might want to think about donating the money the credit represented to charity if not they can just pocket it. I can see this point being contentious with some people, the aim of it is to deal with accounts that are abandoned or orphaned by the creator and the models are still being sold. With the current system Shapeways responsibility for the moneys held for markup primary ends when the money is paid to the paypal account, where as with credit it remains the responsibility of Shapeways as long as that credit exists. Which can get messy if credit has been building up for years.

Any interest or comments?
    Thanks,
    David

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    This has been raised many times before.

No results as yet, although it certainly gets my vote.

3. LrdSatyr8
    LrdSatyr8 Well-Known Member
    I was just thinking about this... there are a number of things I would love to get on Shapeways from other venders. I've got enough money that is sitting in my account ready to go to Paypal to get all the things I need, but I cannot use that money that I've earned unless I wait for it to go thru Paypal, and then there is the Paypal processing fee, so I'm losing money all the way around. It would be nice if I could use the money that I've earned from selling products to purchase my own or other products on Shapeways without having to go thru 5 steps to do so.

So for example... if I've got $30 in my Shapeways account that is ready to go to Paypal on the 15th of next month and it's the 20th of this month, I have to wait almost a month before I can use that money from my Paypal account. If I'd like to get a product that's already available from Shapeways and Shapeways knows I have $30 available, I should be able to apply that money towards the purchase of the item. So basically, Shapeways would be winning out all around!

4. LrdSatyr8
    Has there been any addressing of this issue at all in the last year???

5. LrdSatyr8
    Wow... this topic has been here for a long time and no one from SW has even responded to it at all. Do they even check this forum??