Shop Banner Not Updating

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by PeregrineStudios, Jan 21, 2014.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hey Shapeways,

I recently updated my shop banner and profile avatar. I see the updated avatar here on the forums, and I see the updated banner when I click 'My Shop' (the window with the ability to add shop sections). But when I go to 'View Public Shop', my banner has not updated, nor has my avatar. This was about ten hours ago and it still hasn't updated. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Now I don't even see the updated avatar here on the forums. I did earlier, but now it's the old one again.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. PeregrineStudios
    Okay - it's now reverted BACK to the original EVERYWHERE on the site, as if I never uploaded a new one at all. Seriously, this is really aggravating.

3. PeregrineStudios
    I just tried to change it again. First it worked, then it reverted back to the old banner again. The avatar didn't work in some places (like my profile), but did work here on the forums, for now at least.

4. PeregrineStudios
    Anyone? My banner and avatar still can't decide which one to use, they're going back and forth every time I check.

5. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    It sounds like multiple servers are providing the files or the info about which file to use, and they are out of sync. It happens with the forum front page, the headers vanish at will.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Have you emailed service? It sounds like something isn't stored or linked correctly.

7. PeregrineStudios
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! xD Any fix coming, Shapeways?

I didn't - I figured here would be the place to report it. I'll do that!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Of course here is a good place to report bugs. Some times emailing service is the solution.

9. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    OK, reported that in another thread. But the same with me. Update of shop banner does not work in the same ways as you have described in your first post.

Woody64
    By the way, where can I change my personal avatar. Seems that I'm to silly to find that (since it was moved from the personal settings to elsewhere)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  10. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Still in "Settings" on the avatar dropdown - the trick is to realize that the horizontal menu bar changes when you select Settings, and there is a "Profile"
    option in that new menubar...

11. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    thx ... the hell I'm really blind since I didn't catch that.

But after having changed the personal avatar I get a similar behaviour. Changing seems to work but if I reopen a window the changed avatar isn't visible.

Woody64