Shop Image Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Youknowwho4eva, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Later today, we'll be releasing our weekly release of fixes. Included will be fixing Shop Image issues. So, for now, wait patiently. And if any issues continue or arise after the release, feel free to post them here. I'm locking the other threads so we can see exactly which issues weren't yet fixed.

2. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Hi, apart from the default image problem, there is an issue with adding shop section.
    Cheers
    Vijay

3. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    Images working now.

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Nope, images not working. If I add a new image it is still loading as the default and cannot be changed.

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    doesn't work here :(

WillLaPuerta , how did you get it to work?

@Vijay, adding multiple shop sections has been fixed on the 9th already.
    What issues are you having?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  6. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    it appears to be working for me now!

7. MitchellJetten
    Little bit of extra information.
    When uploading a new picture and selecting "Photo" instead of "Render" will make it work at my accounts.

Our dev will fix this ASAP.

8. WillLaPuerta
    Well, it was working. Now that I've set the materials it's refusing to show the image I chose as the default anywhere. Not on the model page and not on the store page. Is there a problem with selecting "Multiple Materials Shown"?

9. WillLaPuerta
    OK, so I don't think it's the Multiple Materials thing, since I set tried setting the default to a different image with a specific material and it's still not working. The weirdest thing is that it's using a different image for the Models page (and store page) and for the individual model page itself and both of them are wrong. Also it's only going wrong with one model: http://shpws.me/qnxs All the others that were acting up before and started working after the fix are still working after I changed the material setting.

10. MitchellJetten
    We're gonna fix this today with an ER.

Repro:
    1. Go to Edit Details page of model.
    2. Upload picture and make it "Render" + make it default.
    3. Go back to MyModels
    4. Default picture is SW render
    5. Go to Edit Details page of model
    6. Change "Render" to "Photo"
    7. Go back to MyModels
    8. Yay, default picture is correct

Cheers
    Mitchell

11. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    This has now been fixed! Thanks for waiting guys, we appreciate it!

12. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    For some reason the default photo fix is not working for us.

It really seems random :

- some models don't show the default photo on the shop page
    - some models don't show the default photo on the shop and model page

We'll just let it rest for a few days before trying to change the default photos again.
    Deleting pictures, uploading them again and redoing the captions isn't all that bad if you have to do it once but doing that multiple times really isn't fun.

We do have to mention that the default picture works for our 2 new product which makes us really happy !

13. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    What I had to do today - and this may have been corrected - is when I uploaded a new photo that I did NOT want to be the default I simply had to check off "Photo" not "Render" and did NOT choose a Material. When I did choose a material that seemed to make it go automatically as default.... Like I said, that may have been corrected now.

14. WillLaPuerta
    OK, so I decided to give it some time and see if the fix just needed things to update, but it's still not working here.

15. wedge
    wedge Member
    Still have problems with it.

It seems not to work, if you set an Image to default where no Material is selected, while other images has a selected material.

It also not seem complete not work if yo set on material to "Multiple materials".

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  16. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    When will the shop image issue be resolved ?
    It's still not working for us :)

17. MitchellJetten
    We fixed it last week FabMeJewelry.

Your issue is a bit different, i'll look into this.

So the default picture on your shop page appears to be selected by the first picture with that default material.

Example:
    *Check this model
    *all pictures have "Stainless Steel"
    *your default material is "Stainless Steel" so he selects the first picture with that material (so if second picture was WSF, and you selected default material WSF,, it would have shown that picture).
    * check the edit detail page, and select a different material for the pictures, you will see it works and the correct pic is shown.

I'll have our dev team investigate this :)

18. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Thanks Mitchell,

I will try this first thing tonight !

19. MitchellJetten
    So instead of having your customers wait till tonight, i "fixed" (read: work-around) the 5 models for you.

Instead of having them as "Photo -> Stainless Steel | Description: Stainless Steel"
    I changed the non default pictures to "Photo -> Select Material | Description: Stainless Steel"

Cheers,
    Mitchell

20. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    That's awesome, everything looks great now :)
    Now i can dedicate this evening to design a wedding ring for my colleague, thanks a lot Mitchell !