3D Printing 2014 New Years Resolutions: #3DP2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SavIsSavvy, Dec 31, 2013.

1. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Happy New Year, Shapies!!

What a fantastic year we all shared in 2013! A Big Thank You from all of us here at Headquarters on Park Avenue and our Factories in Queens and Eindhoven for making 2013 pure magic.

So what's next? What are your 3D Printing Resolutions for 2014?

If you're a Shop Owner, perhaps it's taking better photographs of your models, or dedicating 5 hours a week to your Shop.
    If you're a Maker, perhaps it's trying to design moveable parts in a single print, or making custom Valentines gift for someone special.
    If you're a Shopper, give our apps and creators a try, or commit to giving only custom gifts this year.

Or if you're a full time Shapie like me, let's do all three!

Let us know here or on facebook & twitter with the hashtag #3DP2014 for a chance to win things that will help you achieve your resolution!

Be safe tonight, Shapies.

Cheers,

Savannah, your Shop Coach

2. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Our #3Dp2014 resolutions are :

- sponsor more bloggers and celebs with stunning jewelry
    - make the 2014 photoshoot even more fab
    - launch our etsy shop for customers who want the pieces incl chains and earring hooks + fully assembled multi-material pieces
    - this list goes on and on.. :)

Happy New Year to all fellow Shapies !!

3. 1. keep finding ways to do cool stuff with the custom ring app.
    2. figure out how to market my store.

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    My main resolution for 2014 (as far as 3D printing is concerned :)) is to clean up my shop.
    I already began: I had 260 models among which 163 were public and for sale, and during these 3 first days of the year I reduce those numbers to 173 models in total and 147 for sale. I also reduced the number of shop categories from 26 to 9 (but I plan to had 2 or 3 more). And beside that, I decided to remove all the computer generated 3D renderings when pictures of the actual 3D printed object were also available (unless they really add some information).
    But there is still a lot to do. I'd like to reduce the number of models to less than 72 (so they can be seen in two pages), change the descriptions, review all the pricings, perhaps make more videos... Well, a lot of work. :) But this is just a resolution, right?

5. Hi!
    my resolutions are:
    1 - Upload more designs on my shop ...a lot!
    2 - Make a video for every design
    3 - Find a new way to promote my products
    4 - Have fun on shapeways!

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. wedge
    wedge Member
    1. Create more models and upload it. - So much ides but so little time ... ;)
    2. Add a shop image and a shop description
    3. Create new shop section (if the products are done)
    4. try ShapeJS

7. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    -Learn to create stuff in Blender
    -Make an absolute masterpiece
    -Promote more
    -Find a master thesis/assignment in 3D printing to start in november

8. Putting it in public so now it's gonna have to happen!
    1. Model a custom cup for my friend's birthday using Tinkercad
    2. Learn to model to create a ring for myself (inspiration idea still needed)
    3. Open up a shop by the summer!

9. Rafdaddy
    Rafdaddy Member
    3D Printing New Years Resolution? How in the world can I improve upon 2013, the year I discovered Shapeways?
    1. Spend less money on 3D printing. (Oh wait ... already doing that on Shapeways.)
    2. Print more models. (Already done that too on Shapeways.)
    3. Develop more of my invention ideas. (It's only January and I've already got my last two year beat, on Shapeways.)
    4. Make money from my inventions. (OK, I haven't done that yet. ... But I'm sure I have at least one blockbuster idea in the pipeline!)
    5. Create and print 3D busts of friends and family as gifts. (Looks very cool. Can't wait to try it!)
    6. Help friends and neighbors turn their ideas into real 3D printed objects.
    7. Fix at least one broken thing in my house with a printed 3D object.

10. EricHo
    EricHo Well-Known Member
    My #3DP2014 resolutions are

-WIN
    -MEET SOME OF YOU AWESOME SHAPIES AND SHOP OWNERS IN PERSON AND HEAR YOUR 3D PRINTING SUCCESS STORIES
    -ATTEND MORE 3D PRINTING MEET UPS AND EVENTS
    -GET 3D MODELED BY RYAN KITTLESON
    -LEARN BASIC 3D MODELING SKILLS
    -3D MODEL BACHELOR FROG AND SLOTH (http://shpws.me/quJy)
    -BECOME AN DIGITAL 3D PRINTING AMBASSADOR AND INFLUENCER IN THE COMMUNITY

11. bva25j
    bva25j Member
    My resolution for 2014?

To pusch the limit of 3d printing for ho miniature models.
    To know how to create small moving mechanical part
    Open a shop
    ... :)