Nyan cat, Aircraft crew ladder and house

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Keymaker, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    Hi

I have been here around 3/4 of year, creating models for people, that will be printed/sold with shapeways, but i never had opportunity (money) to order something for myself. Before christmas my brother (he is an architect) asked me if i can make house, that he designed, printable. So i took this opportunity to give him something as christmas present and with that i order (to save shipping costs) pair of most successful, older models that i created. Sample kit is just bonus that i needed long time ago.

zbierka.jpg

Nyan Cat

Probably everyone who spend enough time on internet know about this one. Maybe that is why i chose this for my experimenting with full color sandstone. This was one of first model i did and also it is model that is sold most often in my shop. Also i should probably mention that i never advertise anything so far.
    And i must say that i like how it looks and how stable it stands on table.
    [​IMG]
    Available to buy: http://shpws.me/owOM

Aircraft crew ladder

This model is reason why i received most of private messages from random people around here. It was created for customer who gave me exact dimensions and sadly i don't know in what scale it is (i didn't asked at that time). We don't have plane big enough to fit with it, but my guess is that it is somewhere around 1/35. If someone can help me, please send me message.
    Also, i think, it is good example of how strong WSF is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Available to buy: http://shpws.me/opPD

House

And finally, house for my brother that arrived with this order. He work for architectural firm and he designed this house and liked it so much that he wanted miniature version on his desk so i decided to help him with this. It took cca 2 hour to get it right. Which meant comply printing restriction and architect desires.
    He liked printed version, although he was little surprised how small it is. (in computer everything looks bigger even if you know exact dimensions)

Side
    house-balcony.jpg
    Only problem i noticed is stepping on roof, but that was expected.

Back
    house-back.jpg

Front
    house-side.jpg

2. EricHo
    EricHo Well-Known Member
    The Nyan Cat came out really well and the crew ladder sort of reminds me of Baywatch.

3. Keymaker
    Thank you

Few friends said same thing. Maybe i should add watchtower and rename it :)

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    I suspect the "crew ladder" is actually a maintenance platform, but I did not succeed in finding a perfectly matching picture on the 'net. (Though it might well have been custom-built locally for servicing a specific airplane or helicopter that your customer worked on). I suppose you could extrapolate its scale from the step and railing dimensions required by the relevant ANSI safety codes for ladders, but the result would probably not be more exact than your current guess.

5. Keymaker
    I still have pictures from customer, but they are copyrighted so i guess i cannot share them here. But thanks for advice, i did not think about that.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  6. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    That is one cute little house. It just looks neat and clean. Your brother did a fantastic job designing it. You should take more of his designs and make them real.

If you made it 1/87 scale and hollow, then thin up the walls to 1mm, I bet that would be a nice little HO scale seller. Specially for those with model train layouts based there in Europe.

The aircraft ladder is way cool. It just looks like it's ready to go to work on some airfield.

That full color sandstone cat is cute too. Didn't realize you knew how to do that. That is really nice and LARGE. I'll have too come up with something to have you do. As I have seen full color sandstone, but never held anything made in it.

You sure got some nice talent going on.

7. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    I thought maybe I best post this here. I have many models that Keymaker made for me and my friends. I have used many different 3D modelers for designs over the yrs. Keymaker is one of the best. Listens to my design ideas, is open to my input as the designs come together. Creates some of the best models I have had to date.

Granted I do have some models that were created by others that I am equally proud of. But Keymaker is super easy to work with, on time, on budget and has never missed a beat. Answers all emails in a timely manner and is super quick. In the last month I have had Keymaker design some models for me, they have not failed to print. Not one single rejection.

If you need something designed, Keymaker is worth talking too about it. Keymaker can handle many types and styles of designs and parameters. I have some models Keymaker has done that are private projects, but I can tell you they turned out great. Sometimes all I had was a pic for Keymaker to work from, and never missed the target.

Thank You Keymaker.

8. Keymaker
    I contacted my brother and we probably will try this. If where will be interest, they have few more similar houses that we can offer.
    BTW: this one will be realized in real scale soon.

Thank you. I will do my best in projects that stands before us.