Shop Feedback Request

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by 7943_deleted, Nov 25, 2013.

1. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    You've got your shop set up and you're ready to sell, you've done the ShopOwner Challenge and you're ready for more...

Want some feedback on your shop?

Wondering if your photos do a good job illustrating your product?

Unsure if you're tagging the right things to get noticed in search?

Then post a link to your shop here with your specific questions and we'll check it out and leave our feedback in the comments!

If you're feeling bashful, email ShopCoach@Shapeways.com and Savannah will discuss it with you privately. Keep in mind though, we can ALL learn when you share, so don't be shy, show us your shop!

We'll be nice - it's literally our JOB to help you ;)

Natalia & Savannah

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. hydin
    hydin Member
  3. XYZWorkshop
    XYZWorkshop Member
    Hi there appreciate any feedback on how to make our shop more attractive to my customers. Is there anyway to give customers discounts for buying a full set of our sculptures?

Http://www.shapeways.com/shops/xyzworkshop

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    Natalia we talked once on the phone. Well here is your chance to look the shop over and tell me what you think I'm doing right and wrong.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/verses

I've tried before to get a hold of the other gal thru email. But never heard back from her.
    I need to find a way to maximize my sales and get the shop where it can support itself and leave a bit for me to supplement my monthly income.

Go ahead be brutal, I'd rather blunt honesty over being politically correct.

Samantha

5. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi Chris!

Thanks for posting the link to your shop- you have some really cool products!

One of the things I noticed is you haven't set your photographs to be the default image for your products (versus renders). Products that have photos are 4 times more likely to sell, and a product that has a photo that has been purchased will sell 10x the volume of a product that doesn't have a photo and is purchased (on average). Photos are the key!

Also, you should upload a shop photo and a profile photo- shoppers like to feel connected to the designer/shop they're buying from :)

That'd be a great place to start.

Thanks!
    Savannah

6. XYZWorkshop
    XYZWorkshop Member
    Hey Chris These are great work! I hope you have been actively pushing your products on model making and miniature blogs. You need to target your market audience. :) I don't think many hardcore miniature enthusiast know of this resource. At least not the community in Australia.

We'd also appreciate some feedback on our site. Savannah or Natalia. Www.shapeways.com/shops/xyzworkshop haven't gotten any response from our previous post. :(

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Freakin' Sweet Knots: Hey John!

First of all- it's been really amazing to see how many rings you've generated from your app built off our API- we use it as an example often!

Regarding how I think it makes your shop look- slightly challenging to navigate- without defined shop sections (I think you could have a "ring renders" section "new products" section "earrings & pendants" section etc that would let shoppers find your beautifully photographed products more easily. Your renders are nice looking, so it's less distracting than most, but I don't think most people will make it to page 26 where your 6-strand round braid ring is, for example.

Encourage the people who've bought your rings to take photos too- you have such a great product, the more people sharing it, the better!

Best,
    Savannah

8. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi XYZ workshop!

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner- we were having an internal discussion about your question, as a matter of fact :).

To answer your question, it is possible to buy products in a set leveraging Shapeways Labs: https://www.shapeways.com/labs; however, we are currently in the process of designing a feature set that will greatly improve the entire productization experience within your shop, and by implementing the features in Labs, it becomes harder to be flexible with your product descriptions as we continue development on this improvement. So, you're welcome to use the features there, but you have been warned it won't work forever.

That said, we really look forward to rolling out more shop tools in the future- 2014 will be amazing!

Your shop as a whole looks great- love that many of the animals are outside in their natural habitat! Your product photos are awesome.

We've found that products with margins hovering around 30% sell the best, just as a general fyi :).

And a final note... I noticed many of the products in your shop have a very low density, and as a general rule internally, we only promote models with 2% density or above. We do this because those models have a significantly higher rate of printability and are less likely to get damaged in their journey to the shopper. If there's any way you could thicken those wires just a bit, it would make it much easier to give your beautiful shop visibility :).

9. XYZWorkshop
    XYZWorkshop Member
    Thanks for the input savannah. Already been working with Thomas to make the wires thicker. Especially the small animals , we've thicken them to allow for large volume production and make it more robust for the customers. It's a careful balance between robustness and the delicate look we want to achieve with the designs.

10. joe1029
    joe1029 Member
  11. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi Mechanoid!

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Taking a look at your shop, first reaction: Overall you have a great thing going on! WIth some refinement, your shop could really sing. The depth and breadth of your product offering is impressive, and will benefit from more photos and a bit of curation.

Recommendations:

1) The photos you do have, are fun! One of the best parts of 3D printing is the amount of detail one can achieve- and you do a good job of showing it off.

2) That said, you need more :). It's hard keep a shoppers interest when they're presented with a combination of renders and photographed models. You could create a sections in your shop labeled "new ____" that would make it easier to sort the models you've photographed and those you haven't. This would also encourage people to continue checking back to see what new models you have (and hopefully crowdsource some photography for you). Remember to put your models in focus as best you can when snapping product shots.

3)I would also recommend you add more product tags. Often when we're searching for products to feature and share with the press, we search for key terms or themes. Sometimes this can feel redundant when you're tagging, for example including "Space" and "Space 1999" separately, but it will surface your model more frequently.

4) I'm not sure if it's my browser and OS, but your banner appears pixelated. If I'm looking for a designer, that impression starts with their logo and shop set up. By uploading a higher-res version, it will continue the theme of professionalism many of your models have.

5) If you have any other ways for people to connect with you (twitter, facebook etc) it's always nice to include links to those pages in your shop. People interested in your models are likely interested in talking to you about them, and not everyone visits the Shapeways forums (though we wish they did!)

Hope this helps :)

Best,
    Savannah

12. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi Jeewel,

Your shop is visually one of my favorites: clean, well organized & photographed, and it has a good flow (the products make sense together or in sections).

Your product photos are also some of the best on the site, great job!

I would tag your products a little more- my updating the tags on iPad stands to include the most recent models (if they support the Air, etc) could get them more traction. Also double tagging, as in saying Apple and Apple Accessories can help surface your products as well.

The video of the jumping frogs is also awesome- continue to make content like this (and if you're okay with it, let us upload to our youtube channel as well for maximum exposure)

My real advice to you is to keep designing and spreading the word about your work! Congrats on your recent press; continue to expand your collections and keep us posted as you upload new models. I suspect your Shapie following will only continue to grow.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Savannah

13. Hi Savannah,
    thank you so much :)
    I will make good use of your advice!!!

You can use any of my video or image, it would be greatly appreciated!

Stefano | Jeewel

14. dfoley75
    dfoley75 Well-Known Member
  15. leslie
    leslie Member
    Dear Shapeways!

I have made a medallion for the game League Of Legends, but i cant advertise it because my posts always deleted by the forum admins. Could you give me some instructions where to advertise?

And please write some feedback about my shop! https://www.shapeways.com/shops/satori

Best wishes:
    Leslie

16. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Hello Shapeways !
    After running the FabMe Jewelry shop for one year now we're ready for this.

We're doing pretty well from our perspective but feedback is always helpful, we would like you to take a look at our shop and product pages and tell us what we could do better. Any feedback is helpful so feel free to go all out on this :)

SHOP LINK

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  17. Ethan_Chodos
    Ethan_Chodos Member
  18. Berian
    Berian Member
    Finally managed to fill up my shop with a few items!

I'd love to hear some feedback: Berian Models

Also, I'm having quite a hard time getting known: any suggestions?

Thanks!