Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by SteveWinter, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveWinter
    SteveWinter Member
    I recently added some Earrings on my shop. These are actual working 3D rolling ball cube mazes. I see one big impediment to sales of these Earrings, and that is that a customer has to purchase the Earring hooks separately. I think that many customers would be put off by this inconvenience, and this would deter them from making a purchase. I think that if the hooks were included with the order that this would result in many more sales of Earrings from Shapeways shops.

I wanted to see what other Shop owners and Shapeways customers think of the idea of Shapeways making Earring Hooks available as a purchase option when ordering Earrings from a Shapeways Shop. These could be made available at a relatively low cost, and would make the customers buying experience closer to a normal retail purchase of Earrings.

I remember when Shapeways did an experimental offering of free earring hooks that were included with the order of earrings from a Shapeways shop. This inspired a lot of show owners to add earring designs to their shops, and resulted in lots of sales. After this experimental program ended I could not find any information on what the results were, and what the plans were to make this an official offering in the future. With all the earring sales on Shapeways I would think that offering this option at a small charge would be a profitable option for Shapeways, and further increase sales of earrings. It would also give products a more retail look and feel to customers.

Reply to this poll and tell Shapeways and the Shapeways community what you think of an official Earring Hooks option. Let Shapeways know why and how this would be a good service to offer, and how this would increase Shapeways business. They need some good business incentives to offer this.

Best Regards
    Steve Winter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  2. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Please do share the feedback of your poll with us! This great feedback to gather and share with the greater team.

3. 7386_deleted
    7386_deleted Member
    Yes I would like to have earring hooks available as an option.
    I didn't found any pool to click on, so I reply here.

Also options to add bead or chain necklace for pendants would be nice.

4. ppoz
    ppoz Well-Known Member
    I never really thought about it before, but I suppose there are some potential customers who spot a nice pair of earrings on Shapeways and think "but then I'd have to go to the craft store and buy earring hooks" and then they decide not to order them. If Shapeways decided to add this feature, it would be good to put it where the customers will really notice it. Or perhaps a little notice when they get to the checkout that asks if they'd like to include earring hooks with their order. Any little extra feature that entices customers to order more awesome Shapeways designs!

I might be putting the cart before the horse, but could you also include the little rubber backs that keep the hook from falling out of your piercing hole?

[​IMG]

5. DBTops
    DBTops Well-Known Member
    I also vote yes. I would certainly sell more earrings if the hook was included.

6. ehmatthes
    ehmatthes Member
    Yes! I have been thinking of making earrings, and I think they'd be much more appealing if they came with hooks.

7. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    We would like this a lot, maybe add chains to necklaces as well !

I would be happy to give a bit of our markup to make our customers happy, searching for good quality hooks and chains is not easy for a customer that doesn't need 100 hooks or 5m chain :)

8. SteveWinter
    SteveWinter Member
    Shop owners please keep you requests coming. The more requests received the better the chances of these options becoming available. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  9. vfxguy
    vfxguy Member
    I'd like to have this option. I think shapeways was offering hooks before, but stopped.

10. jacquesbazin
    jacquesbazin Member
    Yes, I am very keen to have Shapeways offering earring hooks as an options, with Shapeways adding the cost of the hooks and hook set up to the cost of the earrings. I have been wondering whether Shapeways had any significant sales of earrings without hooks to customer other than to the shop owners who will fit the hooks and sell the earrings on, From my own experience, a few first time customers have bought earrings with the expectation that they will come with hooks and are very disappointed when they arrive without them .

11. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    having earring hooks when you purchase your earrings would be great! i have already 3 earring designs but i stopped early when i noticed my possible customer won,t have a complete product. it will be nice also that when you purchase your earrings in gold plated brass, you receive it with the hooks in the same material, or even in the raw metals to achieve that vintage style. i think it will be perfect for the precious and raw metals. about the necklace for the pendants it will be nice to include it, probably for this if someone buy a pendant in premium silver it will be expensive to include a necklace in the same material but there´s options like stainless steel non 3d printed necklaces that can go perfect and they are inexpensive, even in golden option too, for the brass option. for example, i have this pendant recently in my shop, and i took photos with a stainless steel necklace that perfectly matchs with the silver pendant, but it could be way better if you receive it with a necklace like this too!
    Hopefully, things can change in the future, beginning by the earring hooks. by the way, steve winter you have a beatiful pair of earrings over there, the 3d Maze Cube Earrings looks amazing! nice work

CAM00024.jpg

12. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  13. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    I normally don't get feedback from my customers, but when my aunt ordered a pair of earrings she was really disappointed that the hooks weren't included (and I had to fix it). So yes, earring hooks would be great. The idea of having disappointed customers isn't really nice.

14. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    I think anyone who has created earrings for SW (or even thought about it) would agree that the option to get SW to supply hooks at the same time is a good one. So the 'poll' of the OP is a bit of a no-brainer.

The question is, as usual, is what is SW going to do about it and when? Or are we (as usual) just talking amongst ourselves again on these forum pages?

15. Sloris
    Sloris Member
    I would love to see earring hooks available as a shapeways' option. I clearly state that hooks are not included on my product page and yet I still received a comment from a customer that they expected to have hooks. Hooks would make earring sales a lot easier. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy a pair of earrings that I had to buy the hooks for separately, unless I absolutely fell in love. It reduces impulse buys and gives people the impression that 3D printing still isn't practical. Additionally, it would be very helpful to see a chain option or two for pendants. Thanks for putting this out there.

16. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    +1 and 1$ 2 mm China chain for pendants it is a must!!! So pls ... bump the thread up!

17. UltimateGeek
    UltimateGeek Member
    Earring hooks and chains for pendants, both which match the type of metal of the 3D print, would be great.

18. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Narada_Dan_Vantari Well-Known Member
    Yes please I am waiting for ear ring hooks.

Also cheap gold chains would be fantastic but I understand it is less likely to happen for a few reasons ...

DV

19. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    We're now going to start sending the chains and hooks ourselves and see how that turns out, still hoping Shapeways will add a chain and hook option to the order or model page.

Chains & Earring hooks included.jpg

We order the jewelry findings at I-Beads.eu

20. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.