Sudden Change of UPS Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abite, Nov 8, 2013.

1. abite
    abite Member
    Hi Shapeways,

I have contacted the Customer Service Team several times for around two weeks, but have not received any clear answer yet.
    Since Oct. 21st 2013, some of my orders have started to be shipped with different UPS shipping option.
    For around 2 years, all of my orders were shipped with UPS Express Saver. However now, you started using UPS Expedited.
    I have not been received any prior notification or not able to find any information about this Significant Change.

UPS Express Saver takes 2 days to get here, but UPS Expedited does 3~7days. This is a pretty big change. I don't know what happened to your shipping policy. I don't know why you are using two options and what the rule of your choice of the UPS option for my orders.

Now, I feel like playing Russian roulette with my schedule here.
    I really like to ask you to let us know the detailed information of this change as soon as possible.

Joe.

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Do you live in Canada? Have you seen this?

3. abite
    abite Member
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I read it.
    This is about the shipment to $19.99 flat rate area.

Shapeways does not give me any choice to select the shipping option.
    These days, they are using sometimes UPS Express Saver, somtimes UPS Expedited. So, I mentioned about the Russian Roulette.
    I made a bunch of orders since Oct. 21th. I have no idea which one will be shipped with which UPS option.
    I don't have any choice for the option. This happens without any prior notification, and I did not know this big change until when one of my order arrived here after my schedule.
    I believe this is a unfair and pretty bad situation.

Joe.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Forum search suggests that this change was made almost two years ago, with Expedited the default since Jan February 2012 and Express being used only if the order is already late.

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    If the shipping date we communicate upon ordering is not met, our system automatically switches the shipping method to the fastest shipping method ;)

if the order is still on time, it will use the normal shipping method.

6. abite
    abite Member
    I think you didn't get my point.
    You can check my order history(abite & abite2). Please take a look at your choice for the UPS option until Oct. 21st 2013.
    Then, you can get the reason why I mentioned the 'Sudden Change'.
    If your system was currently changed to what you indicated, it had to be announced.
    Also, you should give us any choice for the shipping option with different shipping cost.

Joe.

7. abite
    abite Member
    Your system used always the same UPS Express Saver for around 150 orders of mine.
    It made me believe that the UPS option for any order was the UPS Express Saver.
    Please imagine my situation.
    Then, Shapeways has to give me the choice to choose the shipping option.

Joe.

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Abite,

As Mitchell said, for most of the world we ship your order faster if its threatening to be late, otherwise we ship it standard. You don't pay for the upgrade, we do.

Currently we offer the USA three shipping options with UPS, so you can choose to have it at a guaranteed faster speed.

Canada has a USPS option now (as of yesterday announced here) and the rest of the world has regular UPS for now.

We hope to offer more options for most of the world in the future too.

9. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Abite,

You're right we did change something for shipments, though I cannot remember the exact details to be honest.
    I'm really sorry for not announcing this.

I'll see if someone can provide more info.

But I really hope that the new USPS shipping method will solve your problems!

Mitchell

10. 377234_deleted
    377234_deleted Active Member
    Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your reply and honest answer.
    Unfortunately, my country is the category of 'All other countries. Flat rate $19.99', so there is no shipping option provided currently.
    I hope it can be possible soon.

Have a nice weekend~

Kind regards,

Joe.