Blender 3D User Introduction

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 443018_deleted, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Greetings all

My name is Ettienne Vorster, I'm 23 years old and absolutely addicted to 3D design and CGI. I've been doing 3d design for 14 years. Most of my experience came from trial and error, but alas in the last few years I've had the opportunity to ask the blender community for assistance in becoming better with 3D Design in general. I'm absolutely addicted to fine details and modeling high quality detailed models.

I mainly design concept cars, custom built real world cars, weapons, robot characters (like transformers), and environmental props. I'm absolutely a sucker for any sci-fi futuristic looking things such as TRON styled models, halo, Iron Man and Transformer type of things. :laughing: I've designed various models for folks all around the world including the awesome folks over at Sketchfab.com with the Lamborghini Egoista web model. :p

Here is a sample of some of my favourite cars I've designed in the past few months. If you're interested to see more of my work head on over to the links below:

http://xelusprime.wix.com/ettiennev
    http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/gallery/

On a side note: I would like to know from anyone that might be able to help. I'm currently working for a movie studio and I'm trying to find out where might I be able to get a quote for a model that needs to be printed as a movie prop. The sizes for the model would be about 7cm x 7cm x 18cm. As this won't be used as a main featured prop, I'm looking for a material that would make it look good on screen as the prop will be seen close to the camera and one of the actors will be holding the prop in their hands for a minute or so. Maybe something like a shiny plastic would work. Any suggestions for the type of material is appreciated.

If you would like to know more about the movie that is being filmed, visit the link below:

http://www.xj1themovie.com/about.php

Car Banner 02.jpg

Regards

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey Ettienne,

welcome! Those are some IMPRESSIVE looking cars! I'm especially pleased to see how much attention you've paid to their interiors - that's not something you see often.

On a more personal note, I'd love to use your graphic as a header on BlenderNation (read here how to submit it). Thanks :)

Bart

3. Hi BartV

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Regarding the banner, thank you very much, I'll be more than happy to submit a quality header to your site. :)

Would it be possible to submit 2, then you can decide which one you would like to take?

Kind Regards

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Sure thing! You can submit as many as you like :)

5. Silvanus
    Silvanus Well-Known Member

First of all, Xelus, congratulations. It's great to see Blender (amazing) pros around here. :)

A bit sad (for a man in his forties) to see artists that good being just 23 years old.

I love those cars. :) I'm more into organic modeling, but love quality in any area. :)

BTW, BART? Lol. All this time I did not know. Bart from Blender community. I've been a forum member since November 2003. :) Did enjoy a lot of your posts there. :)

6. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Silvanuls don`t be sad , it is just their generation. I`m in 29 and feel little stunned myself on seeing what some at 20 do those days... but yet there is some other experience that comes with age that is part of life.

Xelus nice cars renders , why don`t you become a card designer ? ... You still have the age to do it!

:)

7. Silvanus
    Silvanus Well-Known Member
    Well, I'm older than both of you, then :D .Don't worry, I don't feel threatened, hehe, but I have to admit artists do become great pros at a very early age these days. :)

8. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
  9. Michon
    Michon Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey Luis,

We just had contact over e-mail this morning.
    Nice to see you are active on the forum.

It is a pleasure having you as a Shapie! Welcome to the family!

Saludos desde Eindhoven

10. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Saludos, Campeona!

Yes, you have helped me in many times. Really many Shappy Team members have helped me a lot, you are a very kind team.

A hug and warm regards to all of you from the sunny Spain.

Luis