Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It.

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 441888_deleted, Nov 3, 2013.

1. I sculpt and have a 3-D polymer clay sculpture of a horse that I'd like to have replicated with Shapeways 3-D printing... but I'm just not understanding how to get it done.

Here's a picture of the piece I'd like to have done. What in the world do I have to do to submit it for printing? I'm just not understanding any of this!
    (My sculptures are all copyrighted and all rights are reserved)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

K-

image.jpg

2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    You will need to get it 3D scanned.

The other option is get the copies via flexible moulds, old but tried method.

3. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Autodesk has a free 3D scanning program that may help http://www.123dapp.com/catch

It doesn't always get perfect geometry, and you will still need to check it to make sure it meets the Design Guidelines in the material you want printed.

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey creativekdesigns,

which country are you in? I may be able to find a professional 3D scanning service for you.

Cheers,

Bart

5. Thanks for the info.

Bart... I'm in the US, east coast in GA, near Atlanta.

I have a lot of sculptures that I'd like to try 3-D printing with instead of having to sculpt each one individually. I don't really want to go through the mold thing.

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    I asked around but I'm afraid we don't have any contacts in your area, sorry!