Are there upload Issues again?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 229968_deleted, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Are there upload issues again?

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Yep. seems so. :( Tried both WRL and STL with renamed copies of "proven" models. WRL "failed in repair", STL just stuck in processing.

3. Yeah that is the same thing that I am getting, just stuck in the process mode.

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    .x3d uploads also stuck in processing. Uggh.

5. Having issues, been stuck in upload processing mode for hours this evening.

6. Yeah , same here.. I emailed them, Its kind of odd though that now no one is getting back to me, they are normally pretty good about responding to this kind of thing.

7. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Confirmed.

We'll look into the upload page as well as the website being slow.

8. Got them over at their twitr page and got a "what's your browser and os" standard response. the problem has been intermittent and the current round of upload / "processing" issue has been there for the past 36 hours. I know because I have uploaded like ten models all "processing" still.

Previous successfully uploaded models have the same issue - so it's not a upload test failure.

It seems that the backend process for the 3D renderer keeps failing / crashing.

9. MitchellJetten
    The issue started 14 hours ago, and our development team is working on a fix.

Note that the models didn't fail, but are currently stuck in the process.

I'll keep you all posted

10. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Why don't you put a informative banner as is doing another times?

11. MitchellJetten
    As our development team is located in NYC, most of them were still at home when this happened (either still sleeping or getting ready to go to the office)

And as soon as they heard the model processing was down they started fixing this right away rather than working on a banner first.

Model Processing has been restored and all models are currently being processed.
    This means that you should start seeing models appear on the website within now and 1 or 2 hours :)

Mitchell

12. R3feetr
    R3feetr Member
    Uploading was working a few minutes ago and I was able to upload two files quickly. Then I tried to upload a third similar file and now the upload routine seems to have gone into the endless loop again. The Edit page gave me the volume but no bounds and each plastic is reporting "Pending Printability Check."

13. MitchellJetten
    the upload should be stable right now.

Did you get any email with the reason for failing?

Mitchell