Introduction and first inquiry

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by m_k_r, Oct 18, 2013.

1. m_k_r
    m_k_r Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm a maker and I'm new to Shapeways. I'm in the process of refining models and opening up a shop. I was wondering, can you create your own creator app? For example, there's a "Custom Ring" creator (www.shapeways.com/creator/custom-ring). Can I make a creator app for my own product? Like "...creator/my_product?" Please let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks and I'm very excited to be here!

-Dave

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  3. m_k_r
    m_k_r Member
    Awesome, thank you very much for the link and quick response!

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey Maker_Rabbit,

we'd also be keen to hear your thoughts on ShapeJS on the dedicated ShapeJS forum. Please share both the good and bad so we can improve it!

Thanks,

Bart

5. m_k_r
    m_k_r Member
    Hey guys,

Sorry bartv, I didn't see your response until now. Yeah, I'll definitely post on the ShapeJS Forum as I'm refining my creator app.

Stupid question time: once I finish making this app and it's open for others to use, do I make a profit every time it's used? Or maybe this is a better question to post on the ShapeJS forum?

Thanks!

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    We're not ready yet to support this, but obviously that's something we're considering :) Please post your suggestion on the ShapeJS forum so the ShapeJS team sees it too.

Thanks!

Bart

7. m_k_r
    m_k_r Member
    Hey Bart,

Yes, that would be a great motivator for folks. Ok, I'll post on there. Maybe it can at least get a conversation started about it.

Thanks again!

-Maker Rabbit