Shop images showing up as broken.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by IncredibleMiniatures, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Ever since the recent "Hold on" site update, some of the JPG images I have uploaded for various items in my ShapeWays shop are showing up broken.

These images were uploaded before the update (except one uploaded yesterday), and were showing up fine on the "public shop" until before the update. Something seems to have gone awry at the server end:

[​IMG]

For instance, these two items predate the site update, and have not been touched since: Children's Merry-go-Round, HO Scale and Cement Benches, HO Scale.

This item was uploaded yesterday, and showed up fine for a few hours - I even had someone contact me after seeing it: Pool Chairs, N-Scale (9 pieces).

Now all three, and some others too, are showing as broken images.

Is this something others are experiencing as well, or is it something unique to my uploaded images?

Attached Files:

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Thank you for the information!
    I have informed our development team right away and will do our best to have this fixed before the end of today!

Mitchell

3. This apparently did not get resolved by end of day yesterday: Images are still showing up as broken, and one image that was showing up fine yesterday is now broken, as well. It seems that several other shops are facing the same issue.

A visitor to a shop would have a pretty bad first impression, in the current state of things. This thus affects not just uploading of new products by designers, but loss of business for existing products as well.

Could this be escalated as a priority issue for resolution, please?

4. MitchellJetten
    We did fix this yesterday only 1 hour after my post on the forum.
    Unfortunately just a few hours later it appeared that it was broken again.

Our development team will work on this today! (note: it's still 5:37AM) and I'm sure they will fix this :)

Cheers,
    Mitchell

5. PopeDesign
    PopeDesign Well-Known Member
    I'm having the same exact problem with one of my jpeg images still today 10-18-13.

Thanks,

-Jon

6. Not yet fixed. By when is this likely to be resolved?

I've considered uploading the broken images afresh, but that might make it difficult for your development team to determine what went wrong in the first place, and fix it decisively.

7. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    I just noticed several images missing in my shop as well. I can't figure out a pattern as to what is missing, though.

8. Nope, not yet fixed:

While I uploaded fresh copies of the images for most of my items, I left one broken image alone to figure out when the issue gets resolved. It's still broken.

Is this still a work in progress?

9. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
  10. bartv
    bartv Member
    IncredibleMiniatures, Wahtah,

I'm sorry to hear this is still an issue. Could you post the URLs that show broken or blank images? That would help us narrow this down.

Bart

11. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  12. MitchellJetten
    Hey Wouter,

The quickest way of solving this would be to delete the picture and just upload a new one.
    I'll see if our dev team is able to restore any of the missing pictures.

13. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
    Hi Mitchell,

Turns out the quickest way is just waiting a bit: it's back, yay!

thanks,

Wouter

14. bartv
    bartv Member
    Glad to hear it :)