co-creator info missing

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by photosfromrob, Nov 20, 2009.

1. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    I've asked this question here before and gotten no response...

I made a sale of a co-creator item, it doesn't appear on my sales report, it just seemed to disappear, why is that? shouldn't it be listed along with other sales?

On that subject...the link to my sales report has disappeared????

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The overview is now in your profile go to edit shop, and its number 2.
    Was your co-creator order by a shapeways employee? If so I found out you don't get a mark up then...

3. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    I'm very disappointed that Shapeways won't respond to this question. I think co-creator is a good idea but I won't participate if I can't find out about my sales. I've disabled all of my co-creator items.

4. robert
    robert Member
    Hi photosfromrob,

The reason we did not respond was because Youknowwho4eva already answered your question. Let me know if something is not clear for you. Sorry to hear you disabled all your cocreator models.

Best regards,

Robert

5. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member

I made a sale of a co-creator item, it doesn't appear on my sales report, it just seemed to disappear, why is that? shouldn't it be listed along with other sales?

This is the question that was nor answered

6. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    Rob, I'd like to thank you for the enthusiasm you've shown and the time you've invested in your many, many models. None of us would have a platform to offer our creations from, were it not for the others in the community contributing their work to create a rich and welcoming experience for visitors.

That said, please take a step back and consider for a moment that Shapeways is offering this shop service to you for free. Ebay charges to list each item, and they aren't even doing anything but maintaining a server.

From what I read in the response to your question, helpfully answered by Youknowwho4eva, it looks like somebody at Shapeways liked your model enough to buy it. Congratulations.

7. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    That may be true...
    there is, though, no reason for keeping me in the dark. I took the order, modified the model for the client and uploaded it promptly. I deserve to be notified by Shapeways as to the disposition of the purchase. Whether or not I like what happened, Shapeways has an obligation to keep me informed....that's part of the deal.

8. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    To have access to information about one's own shop is a reasonable request. If we give enough thought to the issue, we might be able to suggest a better way of doing it. As it is, the order overview you refer to is not a list of everything that has been ordered, or everything you've modified, but a document summarizing any sales where you earned a markup.

I hadn't known before this thread that internal Shapeways orders were not marked up, and they may not have even considered the implications of that for co-creator models when the policy was first created.

There is a little magenta circle at the tops of our screens that says "beta version". To use a website with such a disclaimer means a little confusion is "part of the deal".

9. photosfromrob
    photosfromrob Member
    Yes, I understand 'beta' and I know Shapeways is young and growing. I'm not angry about the missed commission or the lack of planning that didn't take co-creator into account. I know these things happen, even with huge, well-aged companies. I am, though, upset and disappointed that Shapeways didn't respond to my posts. It's a simple thing...say oops! we missed that, here's what happened and this is what we'll do in the future.

10. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

First of all, we are working to make things more user friendly and we will give the reporting for shop owners a good once-over. One of the things that should be ready soon is the amount of emails send.

Secondly, mark-up for co-creators. It is indeed the case that in this moment if Shapeways "orders" a co-created item we do not pay the mark-up, BUT we always ask (or should ask - this is our internal policy). The reasoning behind it is that we use your items - like in the blog post here or for PR purposes on shows. Typically this results in a quite a bit of sales of that item. Is this unreasonable? Let us know, we might reconsider, but still the mark-up for a lot of PR seems like a sweet deal no?

regards,
    Peter