There is a problem with automated check !!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Vidalcris, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    I cant upload anything, i always receive a message saying there is a problem with the model ...
    By the way my models are ok ;)

2. NickHawkins
    NickHawkins Active Member
    I can't upload any models either.
    :cry:

3. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Same here, both for new items and updates of existing items.

The Email says
    "Unfortunately, the model you recently uploaded 1 300 F9F Panther did not pass our initial printability checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing. Please visit your 3D model page to update your file:https://www.shapeways.com/model/upload-and-buy/1395542"

The model page says:
    "We're unable to process this file. Check your file for errors and click 'Update File' to upload a new version. "

The rotating image briefly appears - it looks good - then disappears.

The above is a file I have succesfully uploaded a few days ago, so it should be OK.

Greetings
    Dragoman

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

We are aware of the issue and will fix this as soon as possible!

My apologies for the inconvenience :blush:

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    I wonder if you could put up a temporary notice somewhere, perhaps in the banner area where you sometimes advertise discounts ?
    Not everybody will look to the forums immediately, especially inexperienced designers might be misguided into reworking or abandoning
    their models.

6. TOPO
    TOPO Member
    +1

I spent a crazy hour doublechecking with netfab and updating model once and again till I've made the test of uploading a simple cube with the same results. :confused

A banner in the upload page would be much appreciated :cry:

7. Silvergence_Karen
    Silvergence_Karen Active Member
    You have that right! Thank God I finally checked the forum, thank you all SO MUCH for posting! So getting up before dawn to have some quiet time to design-fiddle was all for naught for this neophyte 3d designer wannabe. Two hours I'll never get back but at least I know I don't suddenly totally suck! Gratitude to Shapeways tech team, a site like this is NOT easy to run. Hope you find the glitch soon.

8. mkroeker
    Second idea - if there is nobody around with access to the web page (which would be quite understandable given that it is sunday and also early morning in the US): Anybody able to do a shapeways tweet (which would then seem to get copied to the footer are of the webpage automagically),
    or do we need an early bird for that too ?

9. MitchellJetten
    I wish I could, but this is something our dev team has to do ;)

Please keep in mind that it's a sunday and thus everything is being handled a bit slower (8:25 AM in NYC) than usual.

10. MitchellJetten
    Hey guys,

This has been resolved!

You should be able to successfully upload a file right now :)

Of course we will make sure that the next time this happens we inform you about a system failure rather than a model failure ;)

11. mkroeker
    Thanks to all shapies involved who got their plans for a quiet sunday busted.
    (And may I suggest that the next failure may well be completely different, except that it will also happen at a weekend or local holiday.
    So besides preparing for an automatic failure message in cases like the one we saw today, it might be useful to provide some emergency priviledges to the first shapie who "arrives at the scene" so that s/he can do a bit more than just volunteer for a round of whack-a-mole ?)