Private messages are all blank

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by WillLaPuerta, Sep 30, 2013.

1. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    My private messages are all blank. All of them.

2. abite
    abite Member
    I think Shapeways is doing something now. Some other functions also do not work properly now.

Joe.

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    The development team is aware and working on it.

4. WillLaPuerta
    Glad to hear it. I'm in the middle of a conversation with a client.

5. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Yeah same here thats really not cool !!
    I was talking with a customer and all message have been deleted !!

6. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Hmm that become really annyoning ... Today old message are back but the last 3 message i have sent are just not my message !!
    The last message was changed by another message from another guy ! i hope u understand this is really a big mistake !!

7. WillLaPuerta
    Same here. Very annoying. I keep having to send the same messages over and over again hoping he'll get them this time.

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    We're working on it. Let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  9. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Always the same, the last message i received is not for me & the last i sent is not from me !!
    I'm in another account discussion ...

10. WillLaPuerta
    No, they're still messed up. My messages that had disapeared yesterday are back but the ones since then (apart from the one I only just sent) belong to someone else. Same for my inbox and my sent box.

11. Youknowwho4eva
    I am seeing this as well. I've informed the team and will update.

12. Youknowwho4eva
    We're still looking into what happened here. To verify, are messages from yesterday and today showing up normally?

13. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    I got only one message after this problem and the content is unchanged, it's ok.
    This is not important for me to retrieve the other messages, i can understand that this is a big problem with the database and i dont want that you loose hours for nothing ;)
    I'm now talking using email with my customers.
    Thanks a lot.

14. WillLaPuerta
    Well, I haven't sent or received any for a day or so, but I've still got a bunch that are either missing or corrupted and I would like them back if I can get them back.

15. Youknowwho4eva
    We just want to be sure the issue is limited to when we were dealing with the error of them not showing up. I'll let you know if there is any update on recovery.

16. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

Just to clarify this totally, we had an issue with private messages that were sent on Shapeways between September 30th, 2013 @ 2:47pm ET, and October 1st, 2013 @ 11:16am ET. We have since fixed the issue, and PM's are working as normal as of now. We realize the potential implications of this glitch and deeply apologize. Thankfully, we can ensure that none of your private messages were made public.

Your private messages during this time period were not delivered correctly, and due to a glitch in our system, were instead deleted. In place of the deleted messages, you saw a snippet of messages that were sent in 2008, when the Shapeways forum was first created. This explains the "garbled, incomplete content" that you may have experienced.

Fortunately, none of the messages you sent or were set to receive during the period of the glitch were seen by anyone else. Unfortunately, all of the messages that were sent during this time period are unrecoverable.

Your privacy and security are of utmost importance to us and we're taking necessary steps to ensure this glitch doesn't happen again. That said, we encourage you to re-write your messages to continue your correspondence normally.

Best,
    Natalia

17. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Another small note.. on several of my PMs during that time, the "body" of the message was incorrect, but any attachments were (and still are) there and they are correct.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013