Rings, Rings, and more Rings

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Whystler, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Here is the latest batch that arrived for me. Hope you enjoy the show!

SWIRLY RING (looks different with every rotation on your finger)
    lines-pic01.jpg

ARMILLARY RING (for astronomers)
    armillary-pic01.jpg

THREE TOWERS RING
    towers-pic01a.jpg

PRETTY BAUBLE RING
    bauble-pic01.jpg

STONE CIRCLE RING
    stonecircle-pic01a.jpg

-Whystler

2. 19516_deleted
    19516_deleted Member
    as always mr Whystler your work is amazing.

of them all i must say i prefer the swirl ring, interesting bands win me over plain rings with ornaments on.

are you going to PP them at all or leave them as is? i think the swirly ring would look good with only some of the swirls polished up and some left as they are, duel texture kind of thing

3. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Hi there Tree and thankyou!

I'm not going to be polishing these rings in order to keep the price point down. I'm also actually quite fond of the novelty of the 3d printing texture. It has a warm and unique quality to it.

But that was a neat suggestion to polish certain lines of the swirly ring. hmm....

-Whystler

4. 19516_deleted
    19516_deleted Member
    didnt mean for public sales, more just for your own personal rings......

........let the plebs polish there own ring

oh you mean they are available to buy, shiney ill have to have a look at them

5. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    I'm going to be selling them during local christmas sales. I just have to get my butt into gear and create different sizes of each style before I make my big order.

Most of those rings are adjustable since there is a gap at the bottom of the ring, and it is thin enough to carefully apply pressure for slight bending.

So I'll be printing the sizes 5, 7, 9 and 11 of each style. Less of the 11, and more of the 7 since it is a common women's size.

-Whystler

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Canadians celebrate Christmas??? lol jk
    Have you tried selling these in flea markets and such to see if it'll make you some $ so you don't have all that inventory and no sales?

7. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    funny guy! ;)

I have had a lot of interest on the photos of these rings from my facebook pages, so I'm going ahead and taking the risk of making an order. I think the price point is right, and it won't be too hard to sell these rings. I have been going to craft shows for over 15 years selling my pottery and art, so it's not a new venture for me :)

-Shawn...

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I would have to agree that they look great. I hope you do well in your selling of them.

9. settinger
    settinger Member
    I would be a little concerned wearing the Three Towers Ring...if I trip and fall, that thing looks like it could seriously puncture flesh!

10. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Hi Whystler,

been a while since we talked ;)

I really love your tree towers ring! Do you sell them in your shop?

Cheers,

Ralph

11. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Hey hey,

Just a heads up:

All of these rings, excepting the bauble ring, are now available using the co-creator to specify your ring size! :)

-Whystler