General Rate of Freelance 3D Modeler (?)

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 420309_deleted, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hi there, I'm brand new to Shapeways and am curious to know if there's a general rate or cost 3D modelers charge ?

Is it by time / project / level of detail? Will it cost $10 / $25 / $150 ?

Thanks, in advance, for the weigh-in!

Erin

emavian@gmail.com

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    I moved your post to the '3D modelers for hire' forum, I think you may get more response here ;)

3. Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  4. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    Yes / yes / yes. It all depends on each other. Generally i create price on project basis, i also calculate how much our i spent on each project, so i know if i need to ask more or i can do it for less in next project.

For example. model provided by @Paullen has no specific details (except satellite dish but it will be probably deleted to ensure printability) and if my only job is to make it printable without any "creative modeling" i dont need much time to do it and i can ask for 15€ which is lowest price possible in my price list (even here are some exceptions).

How much do you need to ask? it depends on how much you want/need to earn and how much taxes you need to pay...

If you look, you can find blogs/forums about this topic, especially for freelancers, all over the web.