Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and cost.*

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Dotsan, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Thank you for viewing my reviews, please click links for further examples.

Expertise: Models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored
    Experience: 10yrs+
    Portfolio: Dot San
    Flickr: Dot San on Flickr
    Rate:Fixed rate,no two jobs are the same, email info@dotsan.com or dotsan01@gmail.com to discuss
    Shapeways Interview
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Society 6

We like challenges, so don't be shy in coming forward with any questions. Please feel free to contact my customers below for a reference.

[​IMG]
    Your ideas modeled and checked for 3D Printing by Dot San by Dot San, on Flickr

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. SDabbs
    SDabbs Member
    HI,

I just wanted to say that DotSan provided me with an excellent service - I tried hollowing the piece out myself (using zbrush) but ended up wih a lumpy un-uniformed thickness.

DotSan created the minimal wall thickness (to minimise material costs), remodeled the base (which was a vey unpleasant angled block) and re-created the plaque - which is so much cleaner now.

Thanks DotSan!!

3. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Umberto had a model he created in Sketch Up, unfortunately it could not be printed because it had naked edges, non-manifold issues and disjointed parts. We were able to fix his Sketch Up file very quickly.
    [​IMG]

http://www.dotsan.com

4. 29108_deleted
    29108_deleted Member
    I am a beginner, my sketcup model get the "manyfold error" so I searched help in the forum. DotSan fixed my model in few message posts, now I've ordered the model!
    Thanks DotSan!

5. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  6. 19296_deleted
    19296_deleted Member
    Jay,

Thanks for all your great work. You did a excellant job turning my drawings into 3-D works. You made the proccess easy and pleasant. Look forward to doing more work with you in the future.

Travis

7. TreadshotA1
    TreadshotA1 Member
    Thanks to VirtualV for fixing two manifold errors i got from Sketchup. Fast turnaround, and good results.

8. birdie15
    birdie15 Member
    Thanks Virtual V, great job done redrawing my design after manifold errors. Big thumbs up.

9. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Amon Desiree gave me this complicated Sketchup model with many problems. I remodeled it and shelled it.[​IMG]
    http://www.dotsan.com

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  10. 30458_deleted
    30458_deleted Member
    Heey its my jet!! woot! This man works magic, send him your love and money! A miracle worker, he is :)

11. matthornb
    matthornb Member
    Hey, VirtualV, great stuff!

I'm wondering, how much do you charge - what's a typical hourly rate for your work, and how many hours does an average, fairly simple model take you to repair?

I'm asking because there are some meshes I've made that I'm having difficulty getting clean enough for the uploader to accept them.

If your pricing is reasonable I might hand them off to you.

12. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Hi thanks for the enquiry, no two jobs are ever the same, email the models here info@dotsan.com
    I'll get back to you with a schedule and cost.
    Regards
    V

13. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  14. SDabbs
    SDabbs Member
    Great job DotSan!!

The material used makes it look like fabric!

15. 33918_deleted
    33918_deleted Member
    Hello.
    I have worked very hard on a model ariplane 3 in long but it has a manifold error. :( I was wondering if you might be able to fix the issue because I am farely new at this. I used Google Sketchup to do this and If you could fix it I would be very, very, very gratefull. Thanks!
    P.S. It would also be nice if you could make it hollow so it is cheaper.

Attached Files:

16. 33918_deleted
    33918_deleted Member
    Hi,
    I have a manifold issue with my model that I worked very hard on but I dont know how to fix it. I was wondering if you might be able to fix it for me and find out how to make it hollow so it is cheaper. It was made in google sketchup. Thanks!
    --Stuey

Attached Files:

17. 33918_deleted
    33918_deleted Member
    Hi,
    I have a manifold issue with my model that I worked very hard on but I dont know how to fix it. I was wondering if you might be able to fix it for me and find out how to make it hollow so it is cheaper. It was made in google sketchup. Thanks!
    --Stuey

Attached Files:

18. 33918_deleted
    33918_deleted Member
    Hi,
    P.S. It wont let me attach my file so if you think you can fix it send me your E-mail.
    --Stuey

19. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  20. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010