I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 404653_deleted, Aug 14, 2013.

1. I have had NO luck with netfabb or similar edtiors to put my polygon together! I'm having an issue with a wall. That I can't put together. Can someone please help. I will pay you 10$. I don't think it should be that hard. I'm basically buying you a free meal! Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    If you really want to pay someone, try posting in '3D Modeller needed'.

Otherwise, why not give a few more details and maybe someone will help for free!
    What software are you using, what problems are you having? Can you share a file?

3. Sorry! Here it is! There is a problem with one of the walls!!! I have been working on it for three days so frustrating :blush: :mad:

Attached Files:

4. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Hi,

well the handle looks good!

I ran the model through Netfabb Basic (which is free) and made a simple repair, which fixed some issues but not all.

The problems I have seen:
    1. There are some stray vertices. There are some in the middle of the object which look like they should not be there, and at least one on an end face;
    2. The meshes you have created are not watertight and non-manifold. To make a mesh to print each part must be a watertight mesh and the different meshes must overlap, they cannot just touch. Non-manifold means that a Vertex, an Edge or a Face of one mesh exactly coincides with one of these attributes of another mesh;
    3. I'm guessing that your model was constructed in SketchUp, which unfortunately I know nothing about, but there are some very knowledgeable (and helpful) guys on the forums JACANT and Denali3ddesign among others. If you search out their posts on this subject I am sure you will find it helpful. The problem essentially seems to be that you have 'tiled' together elements without actually joining them.

I hope this helps a little bit,

good luck

5. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    i look at it but my program crashed while i was trying to figure it out :D

But i believe i can fix it. (maybe it will be easier to just remodel it)

6. Whoever can fix it, I will definitely pay! 3d modeling is not for me!

7. I will upgrade pay to 30$. I Would really like this done! Thanks!

8. I will upgrade pay to 30$. I would really like this done. :confused Thanks!

9. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    Here you have it.

It took me just half an hour :D

Attached Files:

10. Thank u SOOO much!!!! I've messaged you about payment thanks!!! Such a headache relieved :laughing: