Gameboy Color necklace charm

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by wondercat, Aug 12, 2013.

1. wondercat
    wondercat Member
  2. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    Love this! Reminds me of childhood.

3. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    This might be a weird pair of questions, but is that in sandstone? And if it is, is there a chance of the colors bleeding when it comes in contact with perspiration?

4. wondercat
    wondercat Member
    Yes, it's in full color standstone! I've worn this charm and a another one in fcs during the summer. So far I haven't noted any bleeding.

Is that something you've had issues with?

5. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    Oh, I haven't had that issue, no...I've been thinking of taking the plunge into sandstone (that actually sounds painful, doesn't it), and I saw on the materials description that it can lose color when wet.

I've also been thinking about converting some of my designs into wearable items, but if sandstone is an option, I think people would much prefer them in color.

BTW, that's a very fun design (I think I forgot to mention that in my last post). It's like chibi meets Beemo.

6. wondercat
    wondercat Member
    Aww thanks!

But it's definitely true that it loses color when in water. My friend accidentally dropped one of my other charms into a sink. If you'd like, I can post before and after photos.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    To protect your sandstone, and make the colors pop, try coating in some polyurethane.