Is there anyone experiencing the issue in uploading files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 377234_deleted, Jul 6, 2013.

1. 377234_deleted
    377234_deleted Active Member
    Any one who is experiencing the problem in uploading files?

When you upload files, they do not come out your model list page now.
    I have tried with three accounts, but there is the same issue.
    Please check your system. It lasts over ONE day.

I have received the usual automated emails regading the successful upload, but my model page keeps showing the sentence "It will take a few minutes for your model changes to be propagated throughout the site." over a day. Now, the page will not show up any other new models.

Please, I would like to ask you to simply upload a file, and then check what happens.
    I am using Windows 7 and Explorer 10, also tried it using Crome.

I hope it can be solved ASAP.
    I have waited and checked over one day and need to make an order for a centain and important schedule.

Best regards,

Joe.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    There are at least two similar messages in the Bugs&Feedback forum - the link in the "successful testing" email
    should work even if the model is not yet on your overview page.
    Whatever the problem is, it probably occured at an inconvenient time (4th of July festivities in the US)

3. 377234_deleted
    377234_deleted Active Member
    Hi mkroeker,

Yes, thanks a lot for the information.
    I had checked some other posts and found out the way as you mentioned regarding the working link in the automated email.
    So, I could make an order using the link.

Thanks.

4. sorhain
    sorhain Member
    I have noticed this bug as well. Could it perhaps be getting worse though?

I am still experiencing this issue. It's going on 2 days now that my models have not shown up despite getting the confirmation emails.
    At the top of my models it just says "It will take a few minutes for your model changes to be propagated throughout the site." It's almost 2 days though.

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    ur still having this issue?

Should have been fixed last night!

6. sorhain
    sorhain Member
    Dear Mitchell Jetten,

I uploaded about 7 files on friday. Five of those models I edited the settings by clicking through the confirmation email. They are now showing in my models. However, the other files that I didn't click to through the emails still have not shown up.

It is not the biggest concern of mine as I can probably use the emails to get to them, but I just thought it should be known. Thanks!

7. abite
    abite Member
    Hi Mitcell,

Thanks for your effort to solve this issue.
    Now, it seems ok.
    I think you spent your weekend and holiday for trying to solve this problem and responding many posts regarding the same issue.
    I appreciate your effort.

I have experienced this same issue perhaps at least three times currently. it means the script may have some problems.
    I hope that the dev. team can figure out and fix the cause thoroughly.

Again, I appreciate your help, Mitchell.

Thanks and kind regards,

Joe.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  8. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    You're welcome Joe.

I like working in the weekends and vacations cause i know it's worth it to help people :D

As for the issue, this is what I received 22 hours ago:
    "We have resolved this issue, identified root cause, and added measures to ensure this will not happen again."