Sintel figurine!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by macouno, May 23, 2013.

1. macouno
    macouno Member
    sintel-desk-small.jpg

Ok... it arrived a little while ago already whilst I was working on the Blender for 3D Printing DVD. But I wanted to wait with posting about it until I made the figurine available to the public. That's now! I'm really excited about the model... the end result turned out great! On the DVD I explain how I took the file from the short film and turned it into something printable. If you haven't yet... go see Sintel the Movie

You can find the model here: http://shpws.me/nSHR

2. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I remember the movie - really good! So, are you saying that the models from the movie are freely available, or do you have an inside connection somehow?

3. macouno
    macouno Member
    Hey Lensman.

Actually I was also on the crew that created the short even though I didnt work on the Sintel model then.

But yes.. the entire film is open source/creative commons so you can get your hands on all the models and are allowed to use them as long as you give credit. But... I dont know if Id recommend it... it was quite a big job!

4. lensman
    Very interesting. I'll have to look into this a bit more. Must have been neat to work on the short. Great model, BTW, as I forgot to say last time.

5. lensman
    And just for the heck of it I thought I'd post a link to the 14 minute movie on YouTube. If anyone out there hasn't seen it I urge you to take a look... And have your box of tissues handy!

Movie HERE.