Hello Shapemakers

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by adminsmithee, May 7, 2013.

1. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee Member
    Hello I'm a Dutch media designer from the Netherlands. I just joined this marvellous site and can't wait to see how this all pans out.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome! Let us know more about you!

3. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee Member
    Sorry about that :blush:

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
    I always wanted to get involved in 3D printing and since a descent 3D printer is out of reach for my Shapeways seams a perfect solution.
    2) Where are you from?
    I'm from the Netherlands, North Brabant. Close to Eindhoven.
    3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
    I love to see my designs come to live. So i hope to make some money on the side that i can invest in my own projects
    4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
    I use Sketchup for most of my modelling and i use it daily for my work. but i know my way around 3dsMax. i also am very knowledgeable with the adobe suit
    5) Your experience level
    well let other people judge about that...

Here is my first Shapeways project

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Ah sweet! A pre-assembled Bird house. Thanks for sharing! You'll have to hook up with Bart, our European community manager. If you'd like to join a meetup in the area, or even check out the facility. I haven't even got to do that yet! (I'm in the US).

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Looks more like an "insect hotel" to me - those seem to be the latest craze at least in Germany.

6. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee Member
    I will, thanx for the Tip! i love me some meetup

7. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee Member
    It's actual a decorative piece to attach to your home and/or garden plants. you attach it with a rubber band to the trunk of a plant (with a straight(ish)stem).
    I wonder if it would be possible to print it in Ceramic.