Duplicating Models in 1 file

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 338646_deleted, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Hi peoples,

I have a model that I want to produce in packs of 3, any idea how to do this?

Don't know what program the designer was using though, I had someone design it for me... all I know is it's a .stl file

Anyone know how to do this or be able to do this for me? I can email the file but it remains the property of myself and 3Damez- this would be the only modification I require...

Thanks in advance!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    What's the file type and intended material? As long as your looking to do it in plastic, it should be relatively easy.

3. Yeah, I'm intending to do it in plastic. The model is a body kit for a 1:450 scale locomotive. Being a tad over 2mm long(!) I thought it would be more economical if it was sold in packs of 3. Would you be able to do this for me as I don't actually have a 3D drawing program, the designs were produced for me?

Thanks

4. But what if you did want it in a different material? Is it possible?

5. Youknowwho4eva
    What's the file type? Depending on the file type, I should be able to easily explain how to do it in freeware. In the metal materials, they would have to be joined together some way. I doubt you want ceramics, but same deal. At the size of your models you may have to join them together even in plastic, as each piece has to meet the minimum bounding box requirements for the material.

6. It's a .STL file. I don't think they'd have to be joined together since I've seen other people do it without being joined...

So freeware, huh? Does that mean I'd need to download a free program for it?

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Multiple parts per file is allowed, as long as the individual parts at least meet the minimum bounding box for the material.

If you'd like to do it yourself, yes. If you send me the file I can help you out. my email is below.

8. That would be great if you could! I'll send you the files.

Thanks. :D