Shapeways announces a new round of funding!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 7943_deleted, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi everyone

Today marks a major milestone for Shapeways!

On behalf of the Shapeways team, we are REALLY excited to announce a new round of financing, led by Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from our existing investors – Union Square Ventures, Index Ventures, and Lux Capital.

All of our investors believe, like us, that 3D printing has the potential to completely change the world. With this new investment, we will make Shapeways much easier to use and we will continue to explore the frontiers of 3D printing materials, enabling YOU to make and sell any product imaginable.

Since launch, Shapeways has grown so much. This would not have been possible without our community - you guys are what makes us great!

As we embark on this next phase in our company's journey, we wanted to take this opportunity to look back at how far we've come... Check out our blog for the full inside scoop.

Thank you for being a part of this incredible journey!! We can't wait to keep going forward together!

Natalia and Bart

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Brilliant, great :)

Does that mean that Shapeways' systems will be updated so that customers have a choice of currency and rejections will be based on published rules, or shall we need to keep on wasting time conveying to your team that models do fall within guidelines and that Our customers orders should be reinstated because of an untrained operator?

Cheers,
    Paul

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey Paul,

Yes! We are working on currency right now actually, stay tuned. As you can imagine its a complex financial integration, but it's getting there :)

Thanks for your kind words,

Natalia

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Awesome :)
    Can't wait

Thanks Paul

5. GADesign
    GADesign Member
    Congratulations !

I'd love to see a small portion go to :

1. Better looking shop widget for embedding in our html website (api is too much for me)
    2. Custom discount codes for our shops
    3. Prototype discount / express service

At leats pick one of those :p

6. Yay!!!

Are the frontiers of new 3D printing materials encompassing the realm of flexible ones?? I can't wait to have rubber-like materials to print my designs on Shapeways! Sometime in May maybe?
    :rolleyes:

7. Ray_Zhou
    Ray_Zhou Active Member
    Hi, Natalia,
    This is great news for shapeways.
    And it's great to see you last time in your new office during the meetup. I hope to see more of your new materials, and maybe more and more machines to produce much faster for us.
    I wonder how many more machine you're planning to add to your factory here? Will you organize another tour to your factory in NYC soon?

Great to meet everyone last time, say hello to Beekey and Ben ( I want to ask him more about the statistics!)