Complicated design, Help!

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 296132_deleted, Apr 3, 2013.

1. I have a complex design for a truss structure i'm designing for work (I work in an architecture firm) and I keep getting various error messages when I try to upload it to the shapeways website. I have used meshlab and netfabb/netfabb cloud to fix the holes and try to fix the flipped triangles. However, when I reuploaded the file, I got this message: "Triangles with mixed winding order were found." I am unsure what exactly this means. I have been trying to work with the shapeways service people, but they just keep sending me to different tutorials, so I figured that I would try posting on here.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do with my model at this point or ways to fix it? I have included a screenshot of the model just so you can get a feel for what I am talking about.

Thanks!

16ScaleDims.jpg

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Can you share the file with us, or email it to me?

3. what type of file is best? the original sketchup or STL?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    STL would work best for me.

5. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Usually when you get this message it means you have faces on top of faces. So the software does not know which is inside or out
    This is usually due to extra lines on faces that are not needed, as each extra line may create a new face on top of another.
    Upload the file or send it by PM