Bird of prey

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Keymaker, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    Finally i can share some real picture with you.

Sadly i can't sell it. Anyone know the procedure to get licence? (if it is possible) Google didn't spit out anything useful.

FUD-2-S.jpg
    vyvoj2.jpg

2. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Nice model. Good luck getting a licence. I tried that with Walt Disney - one ends up lost or ignored.... Just do what everyone else seems to do - don't bother!

Glenn

3. 257858_deleted
    257858_deleted Well-Known Member
    That's very cool! And yes, sometimes it's eaiser not to bother. I'd recommend going to the Paramount website and seeing what you can find there.

4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Great work! :eek:

Note to Shapeways management: You should look into getting licenses for the community of artists. Zazzle has recently started doing this so it probably wouldn't be that difficult to attain. Shapeways would probably do well cuz artists could actually shift efforts into this area for each license attained without fear. Also, I think Shapeways' main customer base is highly interested in theses kinds of products being that I get the feeling that the main customer base is something like the characters in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. :D

5. lensman
    That's a great idea, James. I haven't been on Zazzle for a while and for some reason I thought that they licensed products that they themselves sell, rather than individual makers. I could be wrong there..

BTW what character are you from BBT ? :cool:

Glenn

6. UniverseBecoming
    They do the selling, but the designs come from the community. Here are their guidelines and here are the brands.

I've always considered myself to be a kind of pseudo nerd. I've never been left brain efficient enough to be a real nerd, yet I have a lot of the same characteristics as real nerds. I have a level 85 hunter in LOTRO and a level 117 warrior in Maplestory, I can tell you what the four methods of heat transfer are, I collect old cell phones, I live in my computers nearly 19 hours a day, I'm mostly a hermit in real life, but I cant do higher math or computer programing and other left brain things. Consequently, I'm not completely like any of the characters. Soooooo, I'M A PSEUDO NERD! HAHAHA!!! :laughing:

And you? Which BBT character are you? :D

7. lensman
    Hhm, interesting about Zazzle. However, I just spent a good few minutes searching through all items under a "Disney" search. There were over 1700 pages worth and I couldn't find one that didn't list the designer as "disney". Then I did a search for "Snow White" with similar results. I found three images by two different designers; one was a tree that was somehow linked to Disney and the others were paintings of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" that in no way resembled the cartoon, just used the name. So, I'm not sure what's going on there.... I still think your idea was a good one and it would free up a LOT of models appearing here, I believe.

As for who I am on BBT - haha, I don't have the IQ to even sit at the same table as that lot!... I got into computers VERY early on (first one was a Sinclair ZX81) and taught myself BASIC programming (lot of good that did me!), wrote Text Adventure Games for the Commodore 64, and was in the first wave of people designing web pages in HTML from scratch. However, I'm more of a right-side-of-brain person and earned a living as a photographer once, with interests in drawing, painting, woodwork... I just happened to combine my artistic side by using the computer as a tool for digital painting and now 3D modeling.

Glenn

8. UniverseBecoming
    I haven't done any branded stuff for Zazzle so I never looked into it. To the best of my understanding they have different agreements with each brand. I don't think you can design anything for Disney, I think customers can only add text to Disney images. Other brands though, do allow custom designs. Take the designs for Charlie Sheen or the US Army for example.

Yeah, if Shapeways could work a deal I'd definitely create some art to participate.

In my book anyone smart enough to program a computer has automatic nerd status! :laughing: