3D car modeler needed

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Themikepeng, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Themikepeng
    Themikepeng Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. I make very detailed car models for other industries such as games and video productions so modeling a vehicle is not an issue, but there seem to be a finished model already in the link you had provided. is there something wrong with that one that you are hiring another 3D modeler to make another model?

3. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    Hi
    I can help you with this project. If you have model but is not printable i can adjust it for you or make model from scratch. price for modeling depends on how complex model it is.

Marián

4. Themikepeng
    Themikepeng Well-Known Member
    I only need the model in the link modified so it can be 3d printed.

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I don't know that you're going to be very happy with the model "as is".
    Take a close look at the faceting on this image of the model.
    Camry.jpg

That level of faceting is really going to show up at 1:87 and even worse at 1:64. It wouldn't be too bad at 1:220, but those facets are really going to show at bigger scales.

To look good, you are either going to have to do a LOT of sanding on the final model, or you are going to have to do a LOT of smoothing on the digital model before you try to print it. It can be done, but it's going to require quite a bit of work.

===
    The other small issue is that you need to be careful when directly copying something off of 3dWarehouse .. do you have the rights to start printing copies? The model you linked to is a modified copy of someone else's original work. You will need to verify whether the original designer surrendered his rights to the model.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013