Markup Payment Date - Potentially Another Problem?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by PeregrineStudios, Mar 15, 2013.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hey all,

If the payment date for markup is March 15, does that mean one would get paid late in the day on the 15th (essentially the 16th), or should it be early? Because I haven't received payment yet, and my payment date is showing 'April 15'.

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Payments are usually during office hours US I think
    I get mine in the local evening (Netherlands)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    There's no standardised time for markup payments.

Before Shapeways opened offices in the USA, payment would have been sometime on the 15th GMT time, but now it is anyones' guess - sometimes earlier in the day (GMT time) somtimes later, but maybe not until the 16th (GMT).

So if you're relying upon the money coming at a certain time or day, forget it.

Paul

4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Yes in the past it has been somewhat erratic, but I think there was more manual steps involved then.
    Anyway, of the last 9 payments, only one was a day late for me, by one hour ;)
    As to the time, anything from 9-5 US time I think, but perhaps they do overtime to get all payments out on time.

Cheers,

Stijn

5. bluelinegecko
    bluelinegecko Well-Known Member
    You're not the only one. I haven't received payment yet either, and the payment date on my page also changed from March 15th to April 15th even though I'm over the $30 cut off. I have some other issues with past markup payments too for several months that I won't get into here. I'm sure hoping Shapeways gets this all squared away soon.

6. Sorry you're seeing an issue with the date on your markup payments, bluelinegecko. That is definitely a bug and I've raised the issue with the team.

We've made big strides towards improving the transparency and consistency in which we pay our shop owners, and we take this issue very seriously.

For the past few months, we've been paying at 6:00pm EST.

If you recall, we changed the way we pay in September 2012 so that you will be paid for items shipped on or before the 15th of each month.i

We have shipments going out of the Distribution Center in Long Island City up to 5:59pm EST. If we paid before 6:00pm EST, there would be a (small) chance that you would miss out on an order that is shipped at the end of the day, and then have to wait up to 31 days to be paid for it!

7. stop4stuff
    lol... just gotta lurv the way the clock revolves around you laggers ;)

8. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Woot! Just got mine.. and THANKS for waiting till everything shipped out.. more money in my pocket!

9. stop4stuff
    Me too, a bit late in the day of the 15th here in the middle zone (GMT) but who cares ;)

10. bluelinegecko
    Thanks. Just got mine too.

As far at the "clock revolving around laggers" comment.... Normally I'm not that impatient, but when I have sales from Oct. I haven't yet been paid for because of a "bug" from shapeways' website upgrades back then. And it is still unresolved after about 10 emails, then yes, I do get a bit impatient. And once again the payment I just recieved does not include those missing sales as I've been promised multiple times. Here goes email #11.

11. stop4stuff
    Sorry, 1/4 of a lifetime pandering to US timezones that lag behind the best part of the rest of the world has me quite cynical when someone comes out with EST timing.

Paul

12. bluelinegecko
    No offense taken Paul.