4 weeks for Silver castings ? Really?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by cadsmith, Mar 13, 2013.

1. cadsmith
    cadsmith Member
    I just noticed that my previous orders had a 2 to 3 week estimated ship date. I got my first order within a week of ordering. Now I see the estimated ship date on my order this time is a whole month? Its kind of a long time for someone like me in business who has to do more work on an item to get it to the customer. Why such a long delivery time now? This is not so rapid rapid prototyping. Please let me know. Thanks Thomas

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I just looked at the silver page, and I see you're right. It's now listed at 20 business days. So I found out, silver was increased to 20 days to handle the holiday rush, and now the premium silver orders. It is a possibility that you will get your order in almost half that amount of time, but also possible for it to take the full 20 days. It's better for us to say 20 and take 10 than say 10 and take 20.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  3. bartv
    bartv Member
    Thanks Youknowwho4eva!

I'd also like to add that we're working hard to bring the lead times for Silver back to their original values again.

Bart

4. cadsmith
    cadsmith Member
    Can you give me any idea of when this will actually ship?

thanks
    Thomas

5. Michon
    Michon Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey Thomas,

Here an update on your order. I have checked the status and see that we are waiting for your PendantChrome, the other 2 products are on their way to our DC and are expected to arrived there on Monday.

The product that will complete the order is being casted and I expect it to be ready (if nothing happens during the casting and polishing process) on the 22nd of March.

Please send an e-mail to service@shapeways.com if you have any further questions, doubts or concerns.

Have a wonderful weekend!